cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub Crashing frequently

jamesfawcett
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 26

Hello, I have a TalkTalk Wifi Hub running Version v1.05t

We are quite heavy Wifi users, and just recently it's crashing regularly.

I've looked for a Firmware update but can't find one online, I've also tried using external TP-Link access points to see if it helps with less load, but the TalkTalk router still crashes, and it's getting quite frustrating. 

Any help gratefully recieved. 

thanks

James 

DevicesDevices

TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub
Version v1.05t
0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 26

Hi @jamesfawcett 

As you have got a new router, you might want to update your signature, otherwise, people will think that you have the DG8041W.

You haven't answered one question from my previous post and when I know the answer to this, I will know if the problem is likely to be WiFi interference:-

What other electrical equipment is around the router, is it near any metal, windows, expanses of glass or water tanks etc.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 26

Hi Keith,

Router is in same location as the previous router, which was problem free other than it crashing.

Issues I am facing with the new router are mainly around devices not being able to communicate with each other.

Examples include:

• Lan gaming not working (Minecraft Lan between devices used to work fine for kids, now nothing shows up)
  • Wireless printer unreachable by laptops
  • Apple TV not reachable from iPhones on same network
  • App to control Samsung TV over wifi no longer working
  • TAPO wireless cameras unreachable on lan to view video, but still connected to internet because they're sending notifications.

Hope that explains my situation - all the independent devices have internet access, but no longer seem to be able to reach each other. If I reboot the rooter, I seem to be able to then connect devices, but it doesn't persist. 

Thanks

James 

TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub
Version v1.05t
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 26

Hi @jamesfawcett 

I am confused in post #13, how are you trying to configure the FAST5464 router, that looks like some unsupported method. Only browser access is supported.

That said, this sounds like (from a quick read through of your thread) that you might have a router location issue if it is affecting all devices or it could be WiFi interference. What other electrical equipment is around the router, is it near any metal, windows, expanses of glass or water tanks etc.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 26

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk 

No problem I will contact @jamesfawcett in an hour or so.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 5 of 26

Good morning,

@KeithFrench - Would you be able to offer any advice on this?

Thanks

Michelle

Message 6 of 26

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk yes I am, I have to to get coverage even though the router is central in my house, I've changed the SSID to something different to the main wifi, but it's still wifi devices on the main router that seem to be disappearing - do you think I should try a different repeater? 

TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub
Version v1.05t
0 Likes

Message 7 of 26

Hi jamesfawcett

Are you using a WIFI extender?

0 Likes

jamesfawcett
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 26

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk don't worry if there are no suggestions just at the minute, I'm going to go down the route of creating a TP-Link mesh plugged into the TalkTalk router. I'm just testing now with a first repeater, I'll see if it helps.

TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub
Version v1.05t
0 Likes

jamesfawcett
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 26

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk sorry I meant to reply! Extremely busy with it being the school holidays.

Still having the same issues at the moment, yes it's all Wifi devices (but most of my devices are).

What's happening is the devices are no longer able to communicate with each other, but they still have connectivity.

For example, I can no longer control my Apple TV, or Garage Door, but when I check their internet access they can still reach remote servers.  I have some Tapo wireless cameras too, they're able to upload video recordings so they're online, but after a while I can nolonger access them on the network. I didn't have this issue with the previous wireless router. 

I've tried giving them static IP's but that doesn't resolve it. 

If there's anything else I can try, please let me know. 

Thank you

TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub
Version v1.05t
0 Likes

Message 10 of 26

Hi jamesfawcett

Do you still need help with this?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 26

Hi jamesfawcett

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Can I just check, do you have any wired devices? Is this affecting those devices too?

0 Likes

jamesfawcett
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 26

Hi all - sorry to post again - I'm having a few issues with the new router (Version SG4K100202)

It doesn't crash like my old router, which is great, but now that I've connected all my devices I'm having trouble with devices not being able to connect to each other. I have to keep rebooting it to get my devices to show up again, it's affecting Homekit, and the main culprit my garage door which uses a Hormann WLan. The device shows as online and has an IP assigned by DHCP.  It has good wifi signal, and I've tried with an without a range booster. 

The same keeps happening with Smart TV's and also my EV car charger which needs internet connectivity to remain stable for the scheduling. 

The menus on the new router are quite frustrating, I can't get into advanced settings now to make alterations even in Firefox. I wanted to try giving my garage door a static IP. It's very slow and when you finally get to the menu you want to edit, when you click save, it logs you out. 

I'm just wondering if there are any aftermarket routers I can purchase, or alternate firmwares I can try. I'm also tempted to go back to my old router, I'd rather have the restarting issues my old one had than connectivity issues 🙂

Any ideas I am grateful for/

TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub
Version v1.05t
0 Likes

Message 13 of 26

jamesfawcett
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 26

Thanks for updating. Seems quicker and less laggy.

Finally got it working - using Firefox! Firefox works perfectly, I was able to save all my reserved IP's and port forwarding. 

When using Chrome or Safari, I seem to get the same issues which seem to be related to authentication:

Chrome:
jamesfawcett_0-1723482377547.png

Safari:
jamesfawcett_1-1723482470034.png

Anyway mines all working, might help someone else that finds this thread, try Firefox 🙂 

Thank you for the new router! No drop outs at all since. 

TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub
Version v1.05t
0 Likes

Message 15 of 26

Hi

OK' it's going now.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 16 of 26

Yes please if you can, thank you! 🙂 

TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub
Version v1.05t
0 Likes

Message 17 of 26

Hi

There is a later firmware, do you want me to push it now ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 18 of 26

Hi both, do you know if there's a more recent firmware update? I'm finding updating port mapping and IP allocating within the UI really frustrating, even adding one by one. Sometimes it saves and its completely blank. Sometimes it doesn't save at all but says it has. And sometimes it just errors and reverts back to a previous state. Quite frustrating 🙂 Just wondering if there's a firmware upgrade available? I'm trying to get my CCTV cameras working. It logs me out quite often too. 

TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub
version SG4K100174

TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub
Version v1.05t
0 Likes

Message 19 of 26

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

Message 20 of 26

No, just a note on how to recycle it, must be too old to send back. I'll take it to the tip.

Thank you for your help! 
James 

TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub
Version v1.05t
0 Likes