cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN not working

NickBailey111
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

VPN not working. Been told by external IT provider that it is due to PPTP not being support by TALK TALK after May 2022.

Please help me so i can work from home 

Nicholas Bailey
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi

I've changed the firmware whilst we work on a later firmware version that will work with the majority of VPN clients.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Thanks. It is working now.

What prevented it from working? I didnt have this issue at the start of the year.

Nicholas Bailey
0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi

Give the VPN a try now.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Yep, go for it pal.

Nicholas Bailey
0 Likes

NickBailey111
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 9

I've stuck my account number in a notes section as it is not obvious to me where to put it. I dont know what my telephone number is. I havent used my landline in 10 years.

Nicholas Bailey
0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi

I need to make a change to your router firmware, this will knock you off line for up to 5 minutes, Is it ok to do this now ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

NickBailey111
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

I presumed you would have my details already given I am a customer. I have updated them.

Nicholas Bailey
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi Nick,

Can you add your home phone number or account number to your 'Community Profile' so I can locate your details and I'll pick this up for you.

Also, all methods of VPN will work across our network, PPTP, L2TP/IPsec, open VPN etc

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes