cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

internet breaking

mrpotatogod
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 21

Hi, My internet has been breaking from yesterday morning. Every half hour the router gets the yellow flashing light and internet stops working. After 5 minutes the light goes green again and the internet is fine. 

Its difficult to have conference calls when your connection keeps dropping all the time

Can you investigate please.

ps. I have tried restarting the router and connecting it to a test socket but did not help.

Thank you

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

Hi @mrpotatogod 

You're welcome 🙂

Please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 21

Thank you 🙏

Message 3 of 21

Hi @mrpotatogod 

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line and this is clear.

I've ordered a replacement router, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

mrpotatogod
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 21

The issues with the internet have returned. For the past few days the internet has become unusable, breaking and lagging frequently. I have done all the resets and tests I could and this did not help. I would like to ask you to send me a new router.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 21

OK, thanks for the update

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 21

Hi, Just a quick update. An engineer has replaced the connectors in the outside box next to my entrance door saying that there was a moisture there causing the internet to disconnect. He said I still might get a few disconnects today but it should be fine from tomorrow. If the internet still disconnects tomorrow I should contact you. At the moment I cant see a big difference – I have got a lot of disconnections . Talk to you tomorrow. Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 21
0 Likes

Message 8 of 21

Thats great Chris, Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 21

I've booked the first appointment available - December 18 2023, AM - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 21

I work from home so I am available all day. Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 21

Thanks for the information. Could you let me know when you can be available for the engineer visit and I'll book it for you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 21

@mrpotatogod, please NEVER display your personal information details on the open forum pages of the forum!

I have removed your mobile number from your previous post.

The whole world could have read it and you could end up with more Spam texts and scammers contacting you than you might already get!

The place for details is in your Personal Information area. Go via your avatar/name; settings and the drop down menu. 

Additional information can go in Private Notes, at the end of that section. SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Private Message TalkTalk

Message 13 of 21

Hi, I confirm all above. Its XXXXXX

PHONE NUMBER REMOVED FOR SECURITY REASONS!

0 Likes

Message 14 of 21

Ok. If you'd like to go ahead with the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.
  • Confirm your mobile number

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 21

Hi Chris, Please do, I need this to finally start working properly. Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 21

OK. if you've tested at the test socket then we can arrange and engineer visit to investigate further. If you'd like us to do this please us know and we'll confirm some details with you

Chris

0 Likes

mrpotatogod
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 21

Hi Chris,

I dont have a telephone connected so I would not know.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 21

Hi mrpotatogod,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. Line test is passing but I can see that there have been a lot of disconnections over the last few days. Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, is there any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

mrpotatogod
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 21

Thank you Keith I appreciate it. I really need a stable internet connection for my work and at this point it is unusable and I need to use my cellular data.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 21

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk has responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes