Did you mean: 
Need help?

Webmail login

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Pete_West
First Timer

Hi 

Im trying to login to my secondary email account via webmail but keep getting an incorrect email or password error, which i know is correct as i havent changed anything. I am also trying to access it while im away in Cyprus, which i do travel to quite often during the year.

Any suggestions?

Highlighted
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Pete_West 

Is the secondary email account an alias for the main registered legacy email account? For example, a UKGateway email account that has a main email address but may have several aliases all using the same UKGateway mailbox?

What's the email domain? (the bit after the @ in the email address)

And have you received the TalkTalk emails to the main email account that it's being upgraded to the new TalkTalk Mail? Or even received a TalkTalk email titled Upgrade complete?

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Pete_West
First Timer
Hi
Its an @Tiscali.co.uk email account, when i say second email, i mean i have 2 seperate accounts, ive had an email saying its getting upgraded & i dont need to do anything nothing to say its complete
Highlighted
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Pete_West 

Both tiscali email addresses will have their own separate mailboxes and logins. The Webmail login on the main tiscali account is presumably perfectly good?

Check that the browser isn't saving the wrong password but if you're keying in the email address and password in full and it's still coming back with address or password incorrect then you need to try a password reset.

Password recovery may have been set up for the email address with an alternate email and or mobile number? Please do try the Reset your Password option. Other than the reset to the account itself, if there are alternates listed, see if you recognise them from the hints.

Access to MyAccount from offshore networks is usually blocked so a password change from there isn't normally an option.

Highlighted
Pete_West
First Timer
I understand that the logins are different etc, the password is definitely correct as its very rare i use the other account, the account i am trying to access i my main account, i have had my son try to access it back in the uk & he gets the same error?
How can i do a password reset if im in Cyprus?
Is there no way i test can be preformed on the account by yourselves, cos there must be something wrong somewhere if its not accessible no matter where it is accessed?
Highlighted
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Pete_West 

Your son not being able to log in to your tiscali email account may be because the email system has detected a weak password or a compromised email account and changed the password or locked the account to help secure customer data.

Password recovery may have been set up for the email address with an alternate email and or mobile number? Please do try the Reset your Password option. Other than the reset to the account itself, if there are alternates listed, see if you recognise them from the hints.  If you have got reset details already set up then you can get a password reset sent to the alternate email address or mobile phone.

Or if you're a TalkTalk broadband customer or recent customer can your son change your email password in MyAccount > My Services > Webmail - Manage Webmail, if the email is listed in one of the 5 email address slots.

Here's the advice article on managing your email in MyAccount.

If not, you'll need to follow the advice of OCE_Ady in this post in order to have a new password generated or password reset details set up for you. If you need a password reset for your email account. 

Include an active alternate email address and your mobile contact number for the team to set up Reset details for you so you can then choose your own password.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Pete_West, if you add the information and include an alternate email to which password recovery information can be sent that would help us get you sorted.