31-03-2021 03:06 PM - edited 01-04-2021 11:52 AM
In response to Post No.2, firstly, the account was already designated IMAP, and Google was aware of that fact; and secondly, I would unreservedly uninstall a non-viable account, before attempting a re-install, anyway - although in this instance, there was initially no account to remove!
The settings advised, to replace the ineffectual ones, were the same, and therefore, equally ineffectual, but in the interim, a Yahoo account was installed cleanly, without hesitation, and with minimal effort - so cleary there was nothing wrong with the WebMail application itself!
Having made further attemps to install a Google account ............
..... and been bombarded with a range of warnings and errors .............
.............. laying the problem at various doors; I gave up!
Clearly I wasn't receiving any Google mail on the TalkTalk mail client Google account at this time, because although the account was displaying as installed, it wasn't, and was therefore not viable.
It wasn't until I closed the TalkTalk WebMail application therefore, and returned to Thunderbird, that I received the following notifications ................
.......... at which point all became clear. Google needed TalkTalk to provide an ASP before it would permit the latter access, and permit a Google account to be installed!
So the question arises, how secure IS the TalkTalk Client⁈
on 26-03-2021 06:44 AM
Not sure what happened to my brain. It looks like I was thinking faster than typing or typing faster than I was thinking.
on 25-03-2021 07:55 AM
Me neither. Let me retype that for you.
Hi TheHornedOne, Gondola will help you get this sorted.
on 05-03-2021 09:00 AM
on 04-03-2021 05:12 PM