Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Connection keeps dropping

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Hi team,

I have been a TalkTalk customer for a long time now. My connection keeps cutting out unexpectedly which is getting super frustrating. Have had 2 engineers visit and try to fix it but no result. Have called customer service but they have been of very little help saying there is no issue on their side so they cannot do anything.

This is the problem, the connection cuts even though all is fine. We don't want another engineer we want to cancel the contract as we are simply not receiving the service we are paying for. Customer service explain by saying there is "strain" on the service, but all isp's have strain right now yet none of my friends and peers with other isps have these issues.

We have already performed all the "health checks" and have already upgraded to the hub. I also run an ethernet cable! 

Guys, please offer some help as it is very frustrating at the moment. 

Kindly,

Vishal 

Vish
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Vishal  ,

You may have tried this already, but if your master phone socket has a test socket then you could try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Vishal,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however the connection does look unstable. Can I just confirm, did you test both routers at the test socket? Is the voice service ok with no noise on the line?

Thanks