cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre Broadband Speed Not Up To Expected Level

Community Team

Hi Davo_B

The engineer visit has been arranged for tomorrow 08/06 PM (1pm - 6pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Davo_B
Team Player

Thanks Debbie.  Will do.

Community Team
Davo_B
Team Player

Hello

I’m happy to report that, following the BTOR visit, my speeds are now 33.1MB d/l and 9MB u/l. 

It’s probable that the OCE members here will know the following but it could be useful information for other readers of this topic.

The very friendly and knowledgeable BTOR engineer who arrived on Saturday afternoon explained that using the 'normal' test equipment he would not have seen the problem.  He would have reset the circuit in the exchange which would likely increased the broadband speed for a few days before it reduced again, causing more frustration.  On this visit, the engineer had the latest test equipment with him.  When running tests on the line, he could see that there was a problem before the master test socket.  He showed me that his equipment was currently recording similar speeds of 20MB d/l and 0.8MB u/l then disappeared to deal with the problem.  On this return, he showed that his equipment was now recording 33MB d/l and 9MB u/l.  The fact that the u/l speed has never been as high as 9MB gave me the confidence that he had solved the problem.  Therefore my recommendation is that when you have a BTOR engineer check your line, ask if he/she is using the latest broadband testing equipment.

My thanks to all the OCE team for your support is getting this resolved.  I have my doubts that this could have happened via the online/chat support.  I think they have different skills.

Community Team

Hi Davo_B

Thanks for keeping us updated, please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie