Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre xDSL connection dropping

Danoruk
Conversation Starter

B3837ABB-D32C-4189-9F30-43299F010208.png

Community Team

Hi Danoruk,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've re-run the line test which hasn't detected a fault, however the connection does look unstable. Just before I pass this back over to our Network Team, could you confirm if the noise/echo is still present with 2 different handsets at the test socket and with all other equipment removed from the line?

Thanks

Danoruk
Conversation Starter

Hi @OCE_Michelle 

I don’t have a second phone to test unfortunately. I currently use a BT2600 trio set.  Yes I am getting static on my line today. Not a lot but enough to notice it isn’t clean. 

I have tried a few tests this morning. Each time to call my mobile as well as 17070, and straight away the internet has disconnected.

first test It reconnected at 40 down and 2 up.

I then tried again a few minutes later and again the internet disconnected, this time 40/9.2.

Third test, same thing though I switched the router off at this point and swapped filters. The internet has reconnected at 40/1.5.  I have tried different filters in the past to no avail.  So far the internet hasn’t dropped, though I continue to get some static on the line. 

thanks

dan

Danoruk
Conversation Starter

5BC7F43E-7AD9-4996-8A4F-0756EFDBBE22.jpeg

8C8952B1-5981-465A-A323-5C1F34E532DF.png

Community Team

Hi Danoruk,

Thanks for the photos. Would you be able to move the router and phone base unit further apart, as much as the cables will allow, and then retest, just to rule out interference between the two devices

Thanks
Chris

Danoruk
Conversation Starter

Hi @OCE_Chris 

This setup was running completely fine for nearly 7 days last week. Similarly, my usual set up is not having the phone here at all where I still get this problem. It is usually in another room on an extension but to rule that out I’m using the test socket.

I’ll move the router, though I’m very doubtful interference between the router and base station has anything to do with the long running problems I am having.

Dan

Danoruk
Conversation Starter

9204530E-9C3A-4A32-8008-B301705B9EB5.jpegOne step closer to me flushing the lot away!

Danoruk
Conversation Starter

516C1436-3971-44EA-A0F4-16E92C9BDB20.jpeg

Community Team

Hi Danoruk

Thanks for your reply.

Please can you let us know how the connection compares?

Debbie

Danoruk
Conversation Starter

Hi @OCE_Debbie 

I’ve not restarted the router so still got 40/1.5 as before.

Still getting static on my line during conf calls.

should I restart the router?

Dan

Community Team

Hi Dan

Yes, please can you try rebooting the router.

If you unplug the router from the line is the noise still present when making calls?

Thanks

Debbie

Danoruk
Conversation Starter

Hi @OCE_Debbie 

I have now restarted the router and it has reconnected with 40 down and 1 up.  I hope this now rules out any possibility of landline base unit interference.

As for the noise, it is intermittent.  I didn’t notice any difference when unplugging the router rj11 cable whilst on a call.

Where do we go from here?

thanks

Dan

Danoruk
Conversation Starter

D56282B3-78B4-4DF7-A8F1-8FE013CA001E.png

Danoruk
Conversation Starter

Hi

I have had many disconnects over the past hour. They started at 14:15h whilst I was on a conf call. My internet dropped and kept bouncing for 15 mins. I did not experience any noise on my line and I had to hang up in order for my internet connection to be restored. Even now whilst not using the phone the internet is dropping.

What do the noise margin numbers mean on my dsl stats? I have seen varying figures during each of the reconnects?  I can post a selection of screen shots?

Dan

Danoruk
Conversation Starter

Hi @OCE_Debbie 

Just had another series of connection drops.  Up sync speed is now 0.8.

Wasn't using the landline at the time though I have just checked and there is some intermittent noise.

What can be done please - this is driving me mad today 😞

Thanks,

Dan

Community Team

Hi Dan

Apologies for the delay.

I've completed a further line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see re connections on the line.

Is the noise still present if you test with a corded handset? I can then escalate this over to our Network Team for investigation.

Thanks

Debbie

Danoruk
Conversation Starter

Hi @OCE_Debbie 

I don’t own a 2nd phone or a corded one though I still get the disconnects without using the phone. Are you suggesting my phone may be at fault?

Thanks

Dan

Community Team

Hi Dan

Thanks for your reply.

If the connection is still dropping with the phone completely removed from the line then I can raise this over to our Network Team. Would you like me to arrange this?

Debbie

Danoruk
Conversation Starter

Hi @OCE_Debbie 

I meant the router drops when I’m not using the landline though the base station is still connected to the filter.  I will try and borrow another phone to test over the weekend as I can’t leave the landline unplugged for long periods of time. 

In the mean time if you could pass this over to the networks team for their consideration that would be appreciated. Just to add, the events experienced yesterday were not new, last year this happened frequently until the ORE visit in November finally detected a fault and switched to a second pair from my house to the exchange.

thanks

Dan

Community Team

Hi Dan

Thanks for your reply.

I've passed the intermittent connection fault over to our Network Team for investigation. Please let us know how you get on testing with a different phone?

Thanks

Debbie