Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

How early are routers sent?

ANSWERED
2 REPLIES 2
Gopez
First Timer

I'm moving into a new property and I'm going to take TalkTalk broadband there.

I'm going to move in around the 5th or 6th November and would ideally like to have a working service from the day I move in.

My question is how early do TalkTalk send the router out?

My worry is that if I order it too early and the router is sent out it might end up with the current residents.

My tenancy is due to begin on the 31st October so they would've moved out by then.

Does anyone have any advice on when I should order my new service?

martswain
Philosopher

Do the current occupiers have broadband and if so have they given notice to their provider ?

If so, what is their cancellation date ?

I'd certainly try to find out what their plans are from the letting agent before doing anything.

Martin
FritzCT
Wise Owl
Solution

I'm pretty sure that there are controls in place such that whatever date TT give you for going live it will happen on that date (they deal with provider change so if there's an issue they let you know). I don't know if you can chose your going live date but I would assume you can otherwise it all seems to be the soonest the switch can be sorted..

In my limited experience routers seem to be sent out so that they arrive very close to your going live date, literally a day or two before. They fit through the letter box so you seem to have a good window between the 31st and the 5th/6th.

Fritz