Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Work Outlook client wont connect, webmail does

11 REPLIES 11
Steve_2310
Chatterbox

Hi my works outlook Client wont connect to the server, though webmail does, also Skype takes an age to connect, but again works fine via the webapp; is there a firewall/ setting blocking the clients and if so how do I change it please?

Thanks,

Steve

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Steve, scam protection runs on all lines by default. It shouldn't prevent outlook or skype working though. Are you using a VPN to connect to your work network? 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Steve_2310
Chatterbox
Hi Ady,
Yes we do: "direct access" VPN...
Thanks
Steve
OCE_Ady

Could you add your landline number to your community profile and I'll take a look at this for you.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Steve_2310
Chatterbox
Thanks Ady; added... (though I'm not home right now so hoping this is for fault finding as oppose to a chat?!)
Regards
Steve
OCE_Ady

Hi Steve, sorry for the delay. I see that you've got kidsafe active. Have you tried turning that off and retesting?

Ady

Steve_2310
Chatterbox
Hi Ady,

Sorry I just tried that but it made no difference (I switched off the virus scan as well but still no difference)....

Any other ideas? Its getting frustrating now!

Thanks
Steve
OCE_Ady

Which router do you have? 

Ady

Steve_2310
Chatterbox
Thanks for staying on this Ady!

It's the new one as we only recently signed up (Oct 2019); FAST 5364

Thanks
Steve
OCE_Ady

Hi Steve, does this affect when you're connected wired as well as on WIFI. If it does I'll send out a new router if not then we can try splitting the WIFI.

Ady

Steve_2310
Chatterbox
Hi Ady,
Sorry for the delay in responding but I have not been working from much couldn't check... anyway I now have a now laptop with windows 10 and it does appear to be connecting ok... so for now I think we are good. Thanks for your help on this.
Regards
Steve
OCE_Ady

That's excellent. Thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted.

Ady