Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

firmware update for sagemcom router

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi jason148

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange an engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted

Hi jason148,

Thanks for the PM, I've replied requesting a bit more information 

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Chris,

Done.

Highlighted

Hi jason148,

Thanks for the PM, I've just run a line test and showing that your sync speed has gone back up to 40Mbps, have you noticed an improvement in  throughput speeds?

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

Hello,

Ive just done some tests.

The router says synced at 40Mb which has changed since yesterday, however a live test still showing a throughput of around 22mb and an issue between "our network" and "home", and speed test shows around 22Mb.

Any ideas?  

Regards,

Jason

Highlighted

Hi Jason,

Could you try a 30 minute router power down please and then test the speed again as this will reset the current session and can often increase the throughput speed when the sync speed is much higher.

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Hello Michelle,

I have just tried the 30 min powerdown, and the download speed is still around 20Mb.

Router synced at 40Mb.

Is there anything else I could try?

Regards,

Highlighted

Thanks for running the test. What device did you run the test on? Approximately how far away from the router was it?

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

Hello,

Sorry for the late response.

I ran 2 tests: one on a desktop computer upstairs and on a 4K firestick which is right next to the router.  Both had the same results.

I will be away next week and will read the response when I get back on Saturday if that's OK.

Regards,

Jason

Highlighted

Hi Jason,

Is the desktop computer connected to the router by Ethernet cable or wifi?

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

Hello,

Wifi. on the 5Ghz frequency.

Cheers,

Highlighted
Team Player

Hello,

Just a quick update.  Tried a speedtest this morning and got 36Mb!  I don't know if anyone has done anything?

Im assuming this is OK (if synced at 40Mb).

Just a quick question, should I expect it to drop at other times, say in the evenings when things get busy?

Cheers,

Hi jason148

Thanks for keeping us updated. The speed test looks good based upon the sync speed.

The throughput speed may drop slightly depending on how many devices are in use and connected when running the speed test.

Thanks

Debbie