FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband frequently dropping out again!

Paul123E
Whizz Kid
Message 15 of 15

Last month I had an issue where my broadband was dropping out every 10-15 minutes and speed was very slow.

The issue was traced by an OpenReach engineer to a nick in the cable up a nearby pole. Since then we have had a rock solid connection and just under 80Mb/s and, last time I checked, the router had been up for 29 days.

Until Friday that was. Now we are back to where we were. Speed has dropped down and the line will not stay synced for more than 15 minutes.

Could one of you nice people please run a check on my line? Nothing has changed at our end so I assume I will need another engineer visit.

Thanks in advance.

Paul E
0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi Paul,

That's great news, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Update:

OpenReach Engineer came on Saturday and found a loose fibre in the cabinet. He said it probably vibrated loose which may make sense as we have had some road works recently.

Issue has been sorted and speed now up in the 70's again.

Thanks to all who helped.

Paul E
0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Hi,

Our Network Team have advised that the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit so I'm just sending you a Personal Message to confirm some details. 

Please do not post any personal information on the Community, reply via Personal Message (PM) only.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Hi Paul123Edwards,

Thanks for confirming this. I've passed this over to our Network Team now. If you don't hear back by the end of today then please can you bump your thread and we can re-check for an update on the fault for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Just plugged in the phone and the dial tone sounds normal.

Paul E
0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Hi

Can you check the home phone and tell me if the dial tone is clear or any noise present.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Just a microfilter and the router.

It just dropped out again during writing this reply.

Paul E
0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Hi Paul,

Do you have anything else connected to the test socket in addition to your router?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

I have been direct onto the test socket for all of the morning. It seemed to have got better but was still disconnecting every hour or so. Just had a 10 minute period where it disconnected 3 times.

I work from home so this is causing me problems.

What other tests do I need to do?

Paul E
0 Likes

Message 10 of 15
0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

Will do later and will report back.

Paul E
0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Hi Paul

Thanks for your reply.

Would it be possible to connect the router at the test socket just so we can see if the connection is still dropping in this set up?

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 13 of 15

Thanks for the fast reply. I did not expect a reply today!

My router is the SagemCom Super Router but I have now switched back to my HG365 router to test. I had a new master socket fitted last time with built in micro filter. I do not have other lines connected but am not on the master socket at the moment. I will try different options and report back. It is behaving exactly like it used to behave when we had an issue with the phone line.

Thanks again for your help.

Paul E
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 14 of 15

Hi Paul

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see re connections on the line.

Is the router currently connected at the test socket? Which router are you using? (make and model)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes