cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Faulty WiFi Hub 2

Christopher W
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

After a line test and factory reset on Monday/Tuesday this week, tech. support advised my WiFi Hub 2 router was faulty and would dispatch a replacement one.

I received an e-mail today advising me that changes had been made to my account and that I would be charged £89 for a replacement Eero.

I have not agreed to any of this, and wanted a replacement WiFi Hub 2, not an Eero as I plug my home phone into the VOIP socket on it rather than having to use a Grand steam ATA adapter, which was what I had when I first signed up to 150 FTTP nearly 18 months ago with an Eero.

After nearly an hour on various live chats and phone calls, I have been told to ignore the £89 charge, as the e-mail has been system generated when the replacement was ordered.

However, I have been told by the live chat and phone calls agents that a WiFi Hub 2 is not available for 150 FTTP.

I told them that tech. support had confirmed a WiFi Hub 2 would be sent out, but they don't seem to be able to answer why.

They have said that an Eero is the only router available on my account, but when I said that I currently use a WiFi Hub 2 that Talk Talk have provided, that it is faulty and I was told a replacement would be sent out, the adviser could not answer why and said it was 2022 when I was first issued a WiFi Hub 2.

How can Talk Talk get things so wrong?

I've had no internet or home phone since 2100 on Monday evening.

I've had to buy a cheap router so I can work from home today.

Can someone from Talk Talk please confirm if the WiFi Hub 2 is available still or not for FTTP 150 please?

If it's not available anymore and I am going to receive an Eero, I will need a Grandstream ATA as well to use with my home phone.

Not ideal as it requires another electrical socket when the home phone just plugs into the VOIP socket on the WiFi Hub 2.

Thanks.

Chris.

2 REPLIES 2

Message 1 of 3

Thanks ferguson. I've just checked my account details, and my name and telephone number are in there.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

If you would like the support team to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk phone number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

0 Likes