FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre 65 box blinking orange only

AnnieBullsting
First Timer
Message 12 of 12

My fibre 65 router was meant to go live Friday 15th, but when I set it up the light just keeps blinking orange. My phone socket came with a microfit so I disconnected the microfilter that was sent with the ethernet cable and plugged it in directly to that. I tried multiple different ways and still not working. I tried to log into my account for further help but due to technical issues I cannot be logged in. I reported a problem via SMS and today was notified that it had been fixed and ready to go, but still the same issue. I've tried taking off the faceplate and plugging everything in directly but to no avail, I can't see where everything is meant to connect as I am not very tech literate/DIY. Please help!

Annie B
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi Annie

Openreach are now requesting that we arrange an engineer visit to the property.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 2 of 12

Hi Annie

Thank you. I've completed a line test which has detected a potential fault at the cabinet.

I have escalated this over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer. I will check on this fault again tomorrow for any additional updates from Openreach.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

AnnieBullsting
First Timer
Message 3 of 12

Okay, sorry for being so useless! I think I've managed to add the landline phone number and my account number.

Annie B
0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hi Annie,

As martswain has said, you do have a landline number but if you don't know it could you add your TalkTalk account number to the private notes section of your Community profile

Chris

martswain
Philosopher
Message 5 of 12

@AnnieBullsting Fibre 65 has a landline number allocated, you can find it in your online account.

0 Likes

AnnieBullsting
First Timer
Message 6 of 12

Hi, I don’t have a talk talk home phone number as I just have the broadband, let me know what I can do to help!

Annie B
0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Thanks but can you please add your TalkTalk landline telephone number too please 

Chris

0 Likes

AnnieBullsting
First Timer
Message 8 of 12

Hi sorry - should be all updated now, thank you!

Annie B
0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 9 of 12

@AnnieBullsting 

1. If your Master Socket has two outlets, grey cable into the smaller square socket then to the router.

Phone handset into the other one.

2. If only one oblong outlet, dangly microfilter into there, grey cable and phone into respective sockets at the other end of the filter.

In case 2, all other phone sockets in your property need microfilters if any equipment is connected.

With the faceplate off, you need to connect a microfilter to the test socket, then the grey cable to that.

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 12

Hi AnnieBullsting,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 11 of 12

Hi @AnnieBullsting your post has been escalated but you do need to add your phone number to your community profile for your account to be identified.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.