cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Full Fibre 150 Ordered, A Few Questions.

paullus
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

My FTTP 150 is due to be installed in a couple of weeks. I just have a few questions so I'm fully prepared and clued up.

I currently have ethernet cables running around my house in a conduit. It would be a simple task to run the cable from the pole through the conduit and into the house just like the current copper cable. This would avoid any further drilling of the wall.

However, this would depend on whether there is a limit on the length of cable which can run from the fibre connection box into the premises to the modem?

1, Alternatively, can the fibre connection box be mounted inside my house?

2, I am currently using two routers connected to my Talktalk hub by ethernet cable, in WiFi Access Point mode as WiFi range extenders. They also work perfectly when I connect my Sky Q mini boxes to them with ethernet cables. I know the engineer won't set these up for me but, is there any reason why they won't work with the new installation?

3, Can I buy additional EERO 6 routers to replace the old routers I'm using, from Talktalk and if so how much are they?
I know the EERO 6 routers only have two ethernet ports but, I already have data switches installed with free ethernet ports to get over that.

Thank you.

Full Fibre 150
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi paullus,

Are you currently using the Sagemcom hub?

Yes you can buy additional eeros from us

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Sorry, I can't enlighten you on these as I only have the basic ADSL service. 

Simplest to ask the Future Fibre team via Chat or phoning 03451 720088, @paullus.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

paullus
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 7

Thanks Gliwmaeden2.

That's reassuring.  

Can you help me at all with my second and third questions in my OP, please?

Full Fibre 150
0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Yes, @paullus.

Router delivery is usually much closer to the scheduled installation. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

paullus
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

Good evening.
My installation is scheduled for next Thursday 14th March but, I still haven't received my new router.

Is this normal?

Thanks.

Full Fibre 150
0 Likes

bigkenny
Enlightened One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

when they come to install it they wil put an ONT box (Optical Network Terminal) inside your house. They will want power supply near by. Its best if near your router if possible. The ONT box is connected to your router. But have a chat with the people installing it you might be able to put it in a location that is best for you.  

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-Full-Fibre-is-installed/ta-p/2555166