cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Full fibre 150 Losing connection and slow speed

magames
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 79 of 79

Hello TalkTalk Team,

I have been using Full Fibre 150 for 3 months, and unfortunately, the experience has not been great so far...

I have got multiple connection drops every day, where the connection speed drops drastically.

This is an example from this morning, where I am just getting 92Mbps in the Eero app when I should get around 150Mbps. Speed is even less over WiFi (around 60Mbps - I did the test 1 meter away from the router connected to 5GHz band and WiFi 6 enabled).

Here the speed test done with the Eero app:

Eero test speedEero test speed

This is the speed in my Galaxy S23 Ultra:

Samsung SpeedSamsung Speed

And this is the speed in my Windows 11 PC:

Windows speedWindows speed

I have experienced this speed issue from the begging of the service. Today I am getting 60-70Mbps, but some days is even worse, around 30-40Mbps.

The connection is not always that slow, but I have noticed that it works slow the majority of the time. Restarting the router seems that helps, but after 1-2 days, the issue appears again, and I should not be doing this 3 o 4 times per week.

I have run a health check on the Eero app, but it is not showing any error:

CheckCheck

Before the Eero 6 Router, I had a TalkTalk Hub 2 router, and my connection was much more stable. Eero network experience is meant to be the best one offered by TalkTalk, but unfortunately, it is not the case.

Can I get some support from TalkTalk, please? Is it possible to upgrade the router or the service and see if that helps?

Thank you .

78 REPLIES 78

Message 21 of 79

Hi magames

I've been advised that you should receive the Hub2 router by the middle of next week.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 22 of 79

Thanks @Debbie-TalkTalk 

Message 23 of 79

Hi @KeithFrench and @magames 

I'm just checking now to see if we can send out the Hub 2 router instead.

I will post back as soon as I have further information.

Thanks

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 79

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk @Michelle-TalkTalk @Chris-TalkTalk 

I have been doing some diagnostics via PMs with this customer for several weeks before Christmas & the issue only started when @magames was provided with the Eero router. Before that, everything was fine with a Hub 2. There is nothing more I can do to try & address these WiFi issues, as they do seem to be down to the Eero. This was replaced & it made no difference, even using two Eeros together as a Mesh has not helped.

The Hub 2 is the only router that has performed successfully, therefore, is there any chance of replacing the Eeros with a Hub 2?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 25 of 79

Hello @Debbie-TalkTalk @KeithFrench 

Happy new year! I hope you both are very well.

I just wanted to share a quick update. I have been testing the connection over this week but unfortunately, I am still having connection drops. For example, I had 2 speed drops yesterday during the afternoon. I had to restart the router in both cases.

magames_0-1704283900897.png

magames_1-1704283940829.png

@KeithFrench I will send you some network screenshots by PM.

Regards.

0 Likes

Message 26 of 79

Hi magames

Oh sorry, there is no rush. I can check in with you next Friday if that helps?

Thanks again

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Message 27 of 79

Hey @Debbie-TalkTalk , I appreciate your kind follow up message. I've been out of the country for a couple of weeks, so I haven't had a chance to test the connection. I'll try it again over the weekend and let you know how it goes.

Thanks!

Message 28 of 79

Hi magames

How's the connection been since your last post?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 29 of 79

Morning,

I am thank you and I hope you're well too 🙂 Thank you for the update and we'll check back in with you in the New Year to see how you're getting on. If you do need anything in the meantime then just post here.

Thanks

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Message 30 of 79

Hello @Michelle-TalkTalk 

I hope you are very well. I confirm you that I returned the old router on Monday, it should arrive to you tomorrow or Friday.

I am sharing some extra diagnostic results with @KeithFrench . I also discussed with Keith that I would like to test the new router over the Christmas period before making any decisions, since I should have more time to test the connection after Christmas time.

I will keep you informed.

Thanks!

0 Likes

Message 31 of 79

Morning,

Great, thank you 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 32 of 79

Thank you both, I will keep you informed

0 Likes

Message 33 of 79
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 34 of 79

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk 

I am currently doing some more diagnostics with @magames, can we wait until I hear back from this customer?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 35 of 79

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I can raise this to our Faults Escalation Team for the team to contact you directly. Would this be ok?

Thanks

Michelle

magames
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 36 of 79

Hello @Debbie-TalkTalk @KeithFrench 

I hope you are very well.

I have been testing the new Eero router for a few days noew, but unfortunately the connection drops have not ceased.

I send you some screenshots that I took when I had speed drops. I ran speed tests both with my phone and my laptop, and the results were the same (I could not get more than 50Mbps). I was making this afternoon a video call and it dropped out a couple of times.

Android phoneAndroid phone

Laptop 1Laptop 1Laptop 2Laptop 2

I will return the old router later this week.

Best regards.

0 Likes

Message 37 of 79

Hi magames

That's great, thanks for letting us know 🙂

0 Likes

Message 38 of 79

Hello @Debbie-TalkTalk @Chris-TalkTalk ,

I confirm safe receipt on the new Eero. I have connected it now and I will monitor the results for few days and see if the situation improves.

Thanks!

Message 39 of 79

Hi magames

Thank you 🙂

@KeithFrench  Thanks for your help.

0 Likes

Message 40 of 79

Thank you very much Chris, I will confirm when it arrives.