cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Full fibre 150 Losing connection and slow speed

magames
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 79 of 79

Hello TalkTalk Team,

I have been using Full Fibre 150 for 3 months, and unfortunately, the experience has not been great so far...

I have got multiple connection drops every day, where the connection speed drops drastically.

This is an example from this morning, where I am just getting 92Mbps in the Eero app when I should get around 150Mbps. Speed is even less over WiFi (around 60Mbps - I did the test 1 meter away from the router connected to 5GHz band and WiFi 6 enabled).

Here the speed test done with the Eero app:

Eero test speedEero test speed

This is the speed in my Galaxy S23 Ultra:

Samsung SpeedSamsung Speed

And this is the speed in my Windows 11 PC:

Windows speedWindows speed

I have experienced this speed issue from the begging of the service. Today I am getting 60-70Mbps, but some days is even worse, around 30-40Mbps.

The connection is not always that slow, but I have noticed that it works slow the majority of the time. Restarting the router seems that helps, but after 1-2 days, the issue appears again, and I should not be doing this 3 o 4 times per week.

I have run a health check on the Eero app, but it is not showing any error:

CheckCheck

Before the Eero 6 Router, I had a TalkTalk Hub 2 router, and my connection was much more stable. Eero network experience is meant to be the best one offered by TalkTalk, but unfortunately, it is not the case.

Can I get some support from TalkTalk, please? Is it possible to upgrade the router or the service and see if that helps?

Thank you .

78 REPLIES 78

Message 41 of 79

I've ordered an eero, it should be with you within a couple of days

Chris

Message 42 of 79

Hello @Michelle-TalkTalk ,

Yes, sounds good to me, I can check if that helps and improves current situation.

Thank you!

Regards.

Message 43 of 79

Hi magames,

Would you like us to send a replacement eero for testing purposes to rule this out? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the devices can be returned.

Thanks @KeithFrench 

Michelle

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 44 of 79

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk 

The Wi-Fi is indeed problematic throughout the property, although it is mainly occasional short breaks affecting the devices. I haven't as yet seen anything in the analyser screenshots that prove this, as these breaks are very random. However, they seem to happen several times a day to different devices. The customer @magames has also purchased a second Eero, but this has not resolved the situation. 

Would you be able to replace the existing Eero to rule out a hardware fault, please?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 46 of 79

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk 

As an update, we are currently carrying out diagnostics via PMs. When I have something more definite, I will post back on here.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

magames
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 47 of 79

Hi @KeithFrench ,

I still cannot send you the PM, I am getting the same message. It is a bit annoying, because I am attaching 7 pictures... I will try to split the message and see if that works.

For the records, I had another issue again last night (connected to the main router). I was watching a film on the TV and the streaming stopped

issueissue

EDIT: PMs finally worked

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 48 of 79

Hi @magames 

That does happen every so often. It will probably be fine later.

Keith

0 Likes

magames
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 49 of 79

Hi @KeithFrench ,

I cannot send you a PM, I am getting this error (I have not sent any message in the last 30 days...)

PM errorPM error

I can try later

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 51 of 79

Hi @magames 

No rush, whenever will do fine.

Keith

magames
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 53 of 79

Thank you @KeithFrench @Debbie-TalkTalk 

I am working from home today, so I will do the tests later today and will PM the results to Keith.

Thanks!

0 Likes

Message 54 of 79

Hi magames

Further to my last post:

KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue.  Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others.  If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc.  one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 55 of 79

Hi @magames 

I hope the statement from TalkTalk's @Debbie-TalkTalk will set your mind at rest over me. Please can you share all future information unredacted in PMs to me, do not put anything personal in the public forum from now on.

Looking back, I don't think I have seen anything from your WiFi analyser as yet, other than the 5GHz AP view. Please could you send me the channel views and crucially the signal strength graphs, please put your phone in landscape orientation for this & try to let it run for at least 5 mins, before taking the screenshots. I want to see if there are any signal drops over a period of time. The Netspot for Windows that I recommend, might be better for this, although from V3 the free version (don't pay for it, that is not what I want), no longer displays hidden SSIDs.

Thanks

Keith

0 Likes

Message 56 of 79

Hi magames

Thanks @KeithFrench for offering to help. 

@magames  Keith is one of our Community Stars and will often help other customers with wireless performance issues and helps to get the best out of their connection.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 57 of 79

Hi @magames 

I do have some ideas but I am waiting for @Debbie-TalkTalk from TalkTalk to contact you first.

Keith

magames
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 58 of 79

Yes, it might be @KeithFrench. But I am not sure what the reason could be.

@Chris-TalkTalk, can I get any update from TalkTalk side, please?

Regards

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 59 of 79

Ah sorry, of course, you are right @magames, it must be the highlighted colour masking the bar graph. The Mbps column values still worry me though, why so different from netsh's Receive Rate? This of course might be the problem, varying speeds over the WiFi.

Keith

magames
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 60 of 79

Hi @KeithFrench , the signal strength in NatSetMan is in the other way around, since it is in percentage (%), not dBm. Meaning that a higher value is better.

When I took that screenshot I was very close to the node (2 meters) and I was connected to the top connection (86% signal strength)

0 Likes