cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Full fibre 150 Losing connection and slow speed

magames
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 79 of 79

Hello TalkTalk Team,

I have been using Full Fibre 150 for 3 months, and unfortunately, the experience has not been great so far...

I have got multiple connection drops every day, where the connection speed drops drastically.

This is an example from this morning, where I am just getting 92Mbps in the Eero app when I should get around 150Mbps. Speed is even less over WiFi (around 60Mbps - I did the test 1 meter away from the router connected to 5GHz band and WiFi 6 enabled).

Here the speed test done with the Eero app:

Eero test speedEero test speed

This is the speed in my Galaxy S23 Ultra:

Samsung SpeedSamsung Speed

And this is the speed in my Windows 11 PC:

Windows speedWindows speed

I have experienced this speed issue from the begging of the service. Today I am getting 60-70Mbps, but some days is even worse, around 30-40Mbps.

The connection is not always that slow, but I have noticed that it works slow the majority of the time. Restarting the router seems that helps, but after 1-2 days, the issue appears again, and I should not be doing this 3 o 4 times per week.

I have run a health check on the Eero app, but it is not showing any error:

CheckCheck

Before the Eero 6 Router, I had a TalkTalk Hub 2 router, and my connection was much more stable. Eero network experience is meant to be the best one offered by TalkTalk, but unfortunately, it is not the case.

Can I get some support from TalkTalk, please? Is it possible to upgrade the router or the service and see if that helps?

Thank you .

78 REPLIES 78

Message 1 of 79

Glad to hear that connection is more stable. Unfortunately it's just not possible for us to order the Fast 266 for you even if you are paying for it. 120Mbps is still a very good speed, are you experiencing any performance issue on the devices that you use upstairs?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 79

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk ,

The connection is much more stable with the Hub2 and I am happy with the movement, the only problem I have is what I mentioned to Keith, upstairs I only get 120Mbps. Hence I asked for the Fast 266 extender, since there is no way to buy this device externally (maybe it is possible, not sure!).

As I mentioned to the Loyalty team, I do not mind to pay for the 266 extender in case that helps, since it will overall improve my network performance.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 79

Morning,

Unfortunatley we don't have the option to send them. How is your connection at the moment?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 79

It's a "computer says no" situation that they don't appear to be able to work around, @magames.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 79

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk ,

Thanks for your reply. Do you mean that there are none available at the moment or that it cannot be sent to me at all?

Regards.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 79

Hi magames,

I'm sorry about this but looks as though they've had the same issue as we have. There's a note on the system requesting the wifi booster but then another note a couple of days later advising that the request can't be actioned as there's no option to send it.

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 79

Hi @magames 

I'll escalate this back to TT for you now.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 79

Hello @Debbie-TalkTalk 

I hope you are very well. I contacted the Loyalty team on the 12/01 and after explaining them the situation, they offered me the Sagemcom FAST 266 Booster for £30, which I accepted. But after 10 days, I have not received the device at home yet. Could you please check the status of this delivery, please?

Thank you!

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 79

OK, thanks for that @Debbie-TalkTalk.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 79

Hi @KeithFrench 

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately if the customer was set up originally with an eero then we have no way of ordering the Sagemcom booster, sorry.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 79

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk 

The customer has come back to me and done a couple of quick diagnostics with the new Hub 2 via PMs. Whilst this solution is much better than the Eero, the speed in some rooms upstairs is not as good as it could be. Since getting the Eero, @magames has invested in more IoT devices in those rooms, but they never worked with the Eero, she even tried buying a second Eero online. However, that too did not fix the issue. The problem is down to poor signal strength in those areas.

I wonder if it would be possible to supply her with the Sagemcom FAST 266 WiFi Booster FOC, as I am sure it will remedy the problem?

Keith

0 Likes

Message 12 of 79

Hi magames

How's the connection been since the WIFI optimisation was switched off?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 79

Morning,

Please let us know if you need any further assistance 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 14 of 79

Thanks!

0 Likes

Message 15 of 79

Hi magames

The WIFI optimisation has now been switched off.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

Message 16 of 79

Hello @Debbie-TalkTalk ,

In order to have manual channel configuration, could you please request to turn off WiFi optimisation?

Thank you very much.

Regards.

Message 17 of 79

Hi magames

That's great, thanks for letting me know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 18 of 79

Hello @Debbie-TalkTalk ,

I confirm you I received the Hub2 yesterday and I will be installing it today. Will test it over the next 2 weeks. Thanks!

Regards.

Message 19 of 79

Hi magames

No problem. I look forward to hearing how you get on and hopefully this will fully resolve the issues are you experiencing.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 20 of 79

Good morning @Debbie-TalkTalk 

Thank you very much for your confirmation. I will inform you once I receive the Hub2.

Hopefully this device solves the current issues I have with the Eero ones. Thanks

Regards.