FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet stability

gdtw999
First Timer
Message 13 of 13

I upgraded(?) to fibre which went live on 02/08.  Since then the download speed has been very erratic - the lowest measured at 0.2Mbps.   I reported this via the customer services line on 12/08 and was told it would take 10 days to fix.  It is no better.  The online Service Centre says the download  speed is 23 Mbps, but shows the "Latest on-demand speed test results" as being between 1 and 5Mbps.  If I re-start the router the speed goes up to 20+Mbps, but this lasts a few hours at most.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

That's great news Gwyn, thanks for letting me know 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Hi Chris

The new router seems to have resolved the issue.  The download speed has been stable since it was installed so it's looking promising.  Thank you for your help.

Gwyn  

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13
0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Good morning Chris

Sorry I didn't get back to you more promptly, but I have had a call from TalkTalk.  They have sent me a new router which  is supposed to arrive today.   I will see if it makes any difference before arranging for an engineer  visit.  I will let you know what happens.

Gwyn

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

OK, no problem. If you'd like us to arrange the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges

• Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

•  

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some details

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Thanks Chris, if you think that's the way forward will you please arrange it.

Gwyn

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

OK thanks Gwyn. we can arrange an engineer visit to take a look at this for you. If you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hi Chris

No joy, I'm afraid.  After switching the router back on yesterday I monitored the speed.  13.00 to 20.00 the download speed was around 20Mbph.  At 21.00 it was 0.2Mbph and stayed slow.  This is the pattern that I've been experiencing.  This morning the speed has  picked up again.

Gwyn

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

OK thanks Gwyn. Line test is now passing so could you switch your router off and leave it off for 30 minutes then switch back on and monitor and let us know if you experience any further problems

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Hi Chris

Telephone works OK.  Have had occasional crackle on the line,  but rare - nothing consistent.

Gwyn

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 13

Hi gdtw999,

Line test is picking up a potential issue, are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 12 of 13

Hi @gdtw999 Your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear soon but please remember that the staff here work office hours. In the meantime please check your community profile and add your landline phone number which is used to identify your account.

have you tried a 30 minute router reboot this often improves things and allows the system to reset your profile 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes