on 25-08-2021 11:07 AM
I upgraded(?) to fibre which went live on 02/08. Since then the download speed has been very erratic - the lowest measured at 0.2Mbps. I reported this via the customer services line on 12/08 and was told it would take 10 days to fix. It is no better. The online Service Centre says the download speed is 23 Mbps, but shows the "Latest on-demand speed test results" as being between 1 and 5Mbps. If I re-start the router the speed goes up to 20+Mbps, but this lasts a few hours at most.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
on 31-08-2021 02:40 PM
on 27-08-2021 10:22 AM
Good morning Chris
Sorry I didn't get back to you more promptly, but I have had a call from TalkTalk. They have sent me a new router which is supposed to arrive today. I will see if it makes any difference before arranging for an engineer visit. I will let you know what happens.
on 26-08-2021 12:23 PM
OK, no problem. If you'd like us to arrange the engineer visit can you confirm:
I've also sent you a PM to confirm some details
on 26-08-2021 11:08 AM
OK thanks Gwyn. we can arrange an engineer visit to take a look at this for you. If you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details
on 26-08-2021 10:21 AM
No joy, I'm afraid. After switching the router back on yesterday I monitored the speed. 13.00 to 20.00 the download speed was around 20Mbph. At 21.00 it was 0.2Mbph and stayed slow. This is the pattern that I've been experiencing. This morning the speed has picked up again.
on 25-08-2021 01:55 PM
OK thanks Gwyn. Line test is now passing so could you switch your router off and leave it off for 30 minutes then switch back on and monitor and let us know if you experience any further problems
on 25-08-2021 12:42 PM
25-08-2021 11:44 AM - edited 25-08-2021 11:46 AM
Hi @gdtw999 Your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear soon but please remember that the staff here work office hours. In the meantime please check your community profile and add your landline phone number which is used to identify your account.
have you tried a 30 minute router reboot this often improves things and allows the system to reset your profile