cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Laptop not connecting to 5Ghz

Sunflower5
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 26

Laptop was working fine, then recently it only locked into the 2.4Ghz network band. Rather than using 5Ghz. 

Have tried everything mentioned in a previous post such as changing network preferences etc. 

What was the fix for this?

Daniel Jeyaraj
0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 1 of 26

Hello,

Just a quick update to advise that the Devices Manager is still looking into this with eero. I'll let you know as soon as they come back to me.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 2 of 26

Morning,

Thanks for retesting. I've raised this back to our Devices Manager and will update you shortly.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 3 of 26

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk 

I was checking it yesterday, and the channel numbers had been lowered to double digits only.

Today, I'm checking again, but the 5Ghz channel is back up to high numbers, and the laptop is only connecting to 2.4Ghz.

My phone now is also only connecting to the 2.4Ghz channel.

Channel 155 and Control Channel 149.

Is there a better router that TalkTalk can provide?

Daniel Jeyaraj
0 Likes

Message 4 of 26

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Message 5 of 26

Hi @Sunflower5 

Our Devices Manager has just let me know that a change has been made. Would you mind retesting please?

Thanks

Michelle

Message 6 of 26

Morning,

I'll chase for an update now.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Sunflower5
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 26

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk ,

Is there any update from the devices team? 

Daniel Jeyaraj
0 Likes

Message 8 of 26

Hi Sunflower5,

As ferguson has said, it's the device connected to the eero being referred to, not the eero itself. We'll let you know when we have any more information

Chris

0 Likes

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 26

I don't understand why you are giving Eero a pass. It seems they are like a bull in a china shop, assigning channel 155 without thought, rather than a lower channel, and also not simply allowing the user to set a different channel. Besides not everyone can dispose of their older equipment, to adjust to Eero.

Bill

Message 10 of 26

It's not the eero as such, it is devices that you currently have which obviously cannot connect in the higher range of the 5GHz band. 

Message 11 of 26

Hi @Karl-TalkTalk 

What counts as an older device? Think I only received my Eero 6 in March/April 2024 of this year.

Daniel Jeyaraj
0 Likes

Message 12 of 26

Hi

This has been flagged to eero directly and they are working to resolve this in a future update. This only affects some older devices.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 26

Hi @Karl-TalkTalk 

Been reading around the forum a little on this topic and seems like this has been happening to others for around a year or more.

Is this something the Eero 6 Pro can resolve? 

What is talk talk doing about this as it appears to be a recurrent issue with a lot of customers?

Daniel Jeyaraj
0 Likes

Message 14 of 26

Hi

If the laptop has an ethernet port, you can connect via ethernet.  

The fix itself is applied by Eero directly so our devices teams have logged the case to them.  we are unable to expedite this, but will confirm as soon as they come back to us.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 26

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk 

Please let me know if this could be expedited in any way. Require to use the laptop for work purposes and are currently unable to. 

It was previously working all this time, which makes it very odd that it has started with this issue now. 

Are you able to send through replacement equipment before this weekend?

Will there be any compensation for this issue? 

Daniel Jeyaraj
0 Likes

Message 16 of 26

Morning,

As Keith has advised, unfortunately not, but I will keep you updated as soon as the team come back to me. It can take a few days for the fix to be applied as we have to raise this over to eero.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 26

Sorry, there isn't. Your only contact with the Devices team is via the TalkTalk staff on this forum, such as @Michelle-TalkTalk.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 18 of 26

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk 

Do you have a contact for the devices team that I would be able to speak with? 

Daniel Jeyaraj
0 Likes

Message 19 of 26

Hello again,

Thank you. I've raised this over to our Devices Team now and have asked them to apply the fix. I will post back to confirm as soon as this has been completed.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 20 of 26

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk 

I've updated the requested info now. 

Thanks for looking into this.

Daniel Jeyaraj
0 Likes