cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Offered free upgrade to full fibre but not heard anything else.

silone74
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

Hello, I received an email on the 7th of September saying I will be getting free full fibre upgrade with voip and an engineer will be intouch but I haven't had any further contact from anyone about this, the email said I would hear from them in a few weeks I just need to check when I will be contacted about the installation.

Thanks for your time.

Simon.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 2 of 12

All sorted now through chat on my account page 👍. I prefer to chat like that than phone unfortunately when I have phoned previously I don't get the help I required and normally this forum has been the go to for help with my account.

Thanks for the replies it is appreciated.

Simon.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

It is a genuine Email,  somewhere the order hasn't progressed which is why you have not have not heard anything else, indicating its failed,  and we cant place FTTP orders on the community it has to be done via the phone.

Sorry.

Message 4 of 12

Screenshot_20231024_170514_Email.jpg

 just to check I received this email on the 7th of September, is this not a genuine email from Talktalk?

The hole point of posting here was to avoid making a phone call as when phoning in the past it hasn't been the best experience 

Simon.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi silone74

There is no order showing, I would have to advise you to call us (03451720088) and ask to speak to the full fibre team. 

Sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hello, is there an update for when I might be getting an engineer appointment, thank you for your time.

Simon.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hello, I haven't heard anything at all still.

Simon.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

Message 9 of 12

Thank you I will do that 👍👍👍👍

Simon.

Message 10 of 12

I can confirm TT reserved a Friday about  1 week after I requested the fibre  - turns out that was to get the Eero's (and alas I dont get on with those devices to whole lot is going back), then OpenReach independently contacted me to install the following Monday.

OpenReach installed an ADTRAN (apparently same gear as the exchange) - alas their remote support staff are not as clued up on how to enable it - so installed box within 2 hours but didnt get switched on for another day.

Meanwhile - once I got to play with the Eero I realised how limited the device was for my needs.

Requested info on replacement box (at my expense ie do I need special router, will I need to know password etc). Was told Eero or nothing. Ok nothing it is.

OpenReach / City Fibre can allow almost any ISP to use the line. The speed is great. But the Eero - Amazon spyware. So I have to move provider.

Best of luck with your install and user experience.

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Hi @silone74

Usually you will receive an SMS from Openreach confirming the date and time, If you haven't received anything by next week post back and we can check, alternatively call us and ask to speak to the full fibre team.  

Regards