cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Over a year of wifi issues and nothing can fix it

novanova
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

We've had TalkTalk TV and Broadband for years and the wi-fi issues have slowly progressed over that time. It used to drop off maybe once a month and it would take a few power downs/20 minute resets to have it work again. Then it would be weekly and we'd always have to reach out to customer service, and when they ran their connection tests it would magically reconnect every time (I swear it can't be a coincidence - it would always fix itself once they started running tests, this happened over and over).

Nowadays it'll be off for days at a time, nearly constant. I can't count how many times we've done a full reset, power down, check the wires, etc etc etc. Customer service chats at this point are useless because we've done it all by the time we contact them. We had an entire router replacement earlier this year, then a modem replacement a few months after (all wires replaced too), and one of the engineers told us "if that doesn't fix it then I don't know what will".

Tests show it has been constantly dropping, the connection history is evident of it, and we've been without for 3 days now. No amount of checks will fix it. They want to send us a replacement router again.

I think we just want to leave at this point and join a new service. The TV box has plenty of issues too, the guide sometimes doesn't show up and it freezes/lags a lot. My question is, will we be able to switch free of charge considering how long we've dealth with unsatisfactory service? Like I mean a really long time this has been going on for. It would be disappointing to be told we can't be compensated for all this stress - we've been paying for half of a service, if that.

I'd love if we could just leave and start fresh without paying hundreds in cancellation fees. Customer service chat couldn't put me through to a supervisor/higher up to explain this to them. Please advise if you know anything/have had similar experience. Thanks

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Message 1 of 3

Hi novanova

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Would you like me to take a look at this fault for you?

If you would prefer to discuss cancelling your service, I can see Gliwmaeden2 has provided some information in their post. You would need to contact our Loyalty Team to cancel your service.

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

@novanova, the link here gives you information re the cancellation process:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Cancel-your-TalkTalk-service/ta-p/2204737

That includes guidelines for early termination fees. 

You would have to speak to an agent to cancel (don't use Chat, as they can't complete the process without calling you back). Only they could assess whether you have given Talktalk sufficient time to try to sort things, to waive the fees.

But you have not posted previously on the forum, so it might be worth giving it one last go, as staff on here can do a thorough investigation and might well get to the bottom of it.

Cancellations can't be processed via the forum, however. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes