cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Talktalk full fibre /eero not working after fibre installation

Jimgmacfarlane
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 26 of 26

full fibre installed by enginners on 6.2.23. Eero router sent by talktalk beforehand. Tried countless times to set up using eero app. The router bluetooth connects to my phone, then tries to connect to the internet. It fails every time, saying on the troubleshooting page: NO EXTERNAL IP address detected. I've spent at least 5 hours now on the phone to technical help, who have all run very tedious and slow protocols to try and deduce the problem, whilst logging the case with City Fibre. Although all of the four lights of the full fibre connection box are green, even connecting an ethernet cable directly from the fibre connection box to a computer, the computer cannot detect the internet. I am now waiting almost a week to hear back from cityfibre about sending an engineer out. No text or contact whatsoever. Spoke to cityfibre, will not help at all "Discuss with your internet provider who can discuss it with us". Rang talktalk again yesterday, went through the same lengthy diagnostics process taking 75 minutes and no further forward, except they said they would emphasise to cityfibre that I wished to hear from them ASAP. It is difficult to know that anything is actually being done to investigate the fault from the cityfibre end, when I have to spend an hour on the phone each time to talktalk to find that nothing has been done!!

Has anyone had the same experience? Any obvious quick fixes? I have tried a hard reset of the eero device, as well as a reboot of the fibre connection box, as well as using the eero app on 3 separate phones (using amazon login- could this be the issue??) to initiate the connection but the same error occurs when the eero is trying to find the IP address. Argh!! I just need a cityfibre engineer to come out and test the connection. Clearly something has not been switched on or connected properly during the fibre installation.

Plus, talktalk accounts obviously thinks everything is fine, as I have already been billed (albeit the 3 month free introductory offer) from the installation date of 6.2.23 when it is still not working 2 weeks later!

Thanks

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 21 of 26

Thanks Chris. Profile updated with postcode/account number in private notes. Still not working and I have not heard anything from Cityfibre team. Last contact was phone with talktalk full fibre technical help on Friday 17th and then online chat on Sat 18th. Diagnostics test concluded again that the issue must be with the cityfibre, as even when an ethernet cable is connected directly between the fibre connection box and a computer, no internet can be found by the computer via ethernet. Cityfibre were asking Talktalk for the serial number of the eero device as they presumably think there isn't an issue with the fibre installation. Talktalk said that I should hear back from cityfibre within 24-48 hours, at least by text. Again nothing. So no further forward. Please could you chase Cityfibre again on my behalf, as I am unable to do this myself? 2 weeks after installation and still no internet connection and nothing has been done to resolve this. I am at the end of my patience and will very soon be leaving talktalk.

Thank you for trying to help

0 Likes

Message 22 of 26

Hi Jimgmacfarlane,

Thanks for updating your profile. Is your service still not working? If not the could you add your post code to the private notes section of your Community profile

Chris

0 Likes

Jimgmacfarlane
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 23 of 26

My profile has been updated

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 24 of 26

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number/FTTP Order number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 26

There seems to be a few such cases at the moment. I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk has responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?