cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Whit light but no internet connection

Jamwint71
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 43 of 43

Hiya, my router has a solid white light but both my devices I use says no internet but they both connect ok! 
do I need a new router? 

James winter
0 Likes
42 REPLIES 42

Message 21 of 43

Hi Michelle, yes it’s on now 😃

James winter
0 Likes

Message 22 of 43

Hello,

Would it be possible to turn the router on so we can check from here please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 23 of 43

Hiya, yes I’ve turned it off as there’s no point in leaving it on. I keep checking it but still says no internet connection.

this is what it says on my TV & my phone is the same  

IMG_6321.jpeg

James winter
0 Likes

Message 24 of 43

Good morning,

Thank you. I've run a few tests on the line now which are clear but it's advising that the router is powered down. Is your router currently switched off?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 25 of 43

Hi Chris, ooppppps yes I’ve just amended my phone number. 
yeah I’ve tried turning off the router for 30 minutes & resetting it but still no change. I turned it off yesterday but forgot to put it back on. 

James winter
0 Likes

Message 26 of 43

Hi Jamwint71,

Could you just check the telephone number that you've entered in your community profile, it looks as though there's a digit missing

Line test is passing but showing that router is powered down. Could you switch the router off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest

Chris

0 Likes

Message 27 of 43

Hiya, no sadly I don’t 

James winter
0 Likes

Message 28 of 43

Morning,

Do you have a device that you could connect wired to the router to see if this connects please?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 29 of 43

Hiya yes solid white light is on and both my devices connect to the Wi-Fi but they say No Internet. TalkTalk have done a line test and they say it’s clear. 
I’ve got a technician coming to my property in a couple of weeks, so hopefully he can work out why it’s happening. 
I know it’s not my devices because my phone connects to other Wi-Fi networks ok. 

James winter
0 Likes

Message 30 of 43

Hi @Jamwint71 

Is the white light showing on the front of the new router?

Do any devices connect?

0 Likes

Message 31 of 43

Hiya Karl, my new router arrived today but sadly it’s still saying no internet connection. 
I onow my phone works on Wi-Fi because it connects to other Wi-Fi networks like at work etc. 

I’ve read something about internet interference?? Could this be it?? 
It’s really baffling me. 

James winter
0 Likes

Message 32 of 43

Hi

The router has been dispatched.  I've sent you a PM with tracking info.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 33 of 43

Hiya Karl, there was a note yesterday on my account saying about an Order with a live date of 28th August. I assume that’s the new router?? 
I’ve looked again this morning and the note has gone. 
can you confirm that the new router has or in the process of being sent please. 

James winter
0 Likes

Message 34 of 43

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Jamwint71
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 35 of 43

Thank you Karl & yes I sure will let you know. 

James winter
0 Likes

Message 36 of 43

Hi

OK. router should arrive in the next day or two.  Test and then let me know.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Jamwint71
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 37 of 43

Aaahhhhhhh thank you so much, I’ll keep my fingers crossed 🤞🤞🤞
My router at the moment is a Sagecom Fast 5364. I’ve had it five years so not sure if it’s got old. 

James winter
0 Likes

Message 38 of 43

Hi

OK, I'll get a new router out to you, and we can see if this is the issue.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Jamwint71
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 39 of 43

Hiya, no not using wires. 
It stopped working last Friday 23rd so done a line test and there was a fault reported. 
it said that the fault had been cleared this morning but I’ve still got no connection but the whit light is on 

James winter
0 Likes

Message 40 of 43

Hi

Line tests are clear, and router is in sync.  Are all your devices using Wi-Fi , do you have any devices wired ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes