cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

can't turn on wi-fi on router, even after a reset!

spookszilla
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Hi, I have had fibre installed, and my router is a Fast 5464-2.T4 with it's control panel software SG4K100174, and try as I might, I can't turn on both wi-fi channels. I have tried using the control software, resetting it, and even unplugging all cables, letting it sit, and re-connecting again, I even did another reset, and no dice! Is there a problem with the firmware or the modem itself?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi @spookszilla that really is an odd one (sorry no consolation to you)

Try to access the router using another browser, there is a good but esoteric reason this can help but it is far from my knowing.

Either way it will help the team tomorrow to sort things out for you, could you also advise when you have a chance which operating system and browsers you are using. 

Thanks a lot

D

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes

spookszilla
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

Hi Divsec,
When I first set up the router, wi-fi was on by default, can't remember when, but I switched it off on the control software, thinking that I could switch it back on whenever I wanted.

I totally forgot about it, probably for a couple of months until I tried to use my Amazon Fire stick, and I checked on my mobile phone to confirm that there was no wi-fi from the router!

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Hi @spookszilla has WiFi ever worked? And if yes did anything change? 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes