cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Do I need new router ?

Lucas1
First Timer
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

Can I upgrade my speed to full fibre without changing to new echo router ? My old router allows me to connect few devices by the wire where the new has only one wire socket.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi Lucas1,

As Keith says, your current router will be fine, just let us know if you need any further information

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 9

Then your current router would be fine, just connect the ONT to the red WAN port on the 5364.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 3 of 9

Thanks. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Thanks. I assume that’s something to do with land line. I’m not using it for years anyway. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 9

That will work fine, except that it does not support digital voice. You would need the hub 2 for that.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

Message 6 of 9

It is standard talktalk Wifi hub segamcom.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Hi

Depending on the fibre tier you subscribe to, you may be issued with the WFi Hub o Eero, but you do not have to use these. Whilst it is simpler to use the provide routers, some customers do use their own hardware.  I myself am on full fibre, but use my own Asus router as it gives me more control over my internal connections.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

What make/model of TalkTalk router do you currently have?

Keith

0 Likes