cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Full fibre - download speed now saying 5 months!

Bruno2006
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 44 of 44

The Wi-Fi connection is barely making it to 1mb when downloading even though the plan states that there is supposed to be around 152mb instead, the previous plan was able to reach 4mb even though the Wi-Fi plan was worse

The main issue is that download speeds are significantly lower than advertised and we would like to know if there are any ways to solve the issue or if there is anything stopping the Wi-Fi from reaching the speeds it is supposed to reach

0 Likes
43 REPLIES 43

Bruno2006
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 44

Hi Michelle I am unable to comment on what the speed would be if PC was connected directly to ONT as I don’t have an Ethernet cable that would be long enough to go upstairs 

0 Likes

Bruno2006
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 44

Hi Michelle 

I took some photos of my daughter trying to upload her game(attached) .after city fibre upgrade. She had been excited to get the upgrade as she was looking to get her games uploaded quicker .

in addition, connection to devices via Wi-Fi  gets lost more often now 

698ccae8-1686-4f8f-9589-2acf65ca9f6f.jpegfe51c4c6-e374-44e0-8ee2-3ff93de9c42d.jpege4c0aa8f-2f37-4e81-86ce-9b5d8d8a547a.jpeg
0 Likes

Message 23 of 44

Hello,

This does seem low. What speeds do you get if you connect a wired device directly at the ONT with the router removed? This would confirm if the speeds are ok coming into the property and we can offer more assistance on the wireless connection if the wired speeds are ok.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Bruno2006
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 44

Hi Michelle. 
without TP link extender. Very low. With extender 15 mbs

I am having issues this morning working from home on my laptop. I kept losing connection 

IMG_1811.jpegIMG_1810.jpeg
0 Likes

Message 25 of 44

Morning,

Can I just confirm, what speeds are you currently seeing now please?

Michelle

0 Likes

Bruno2006
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 44

Hi Chris. 
by two bars, I mean the signal (photo attached) . Before city fibre installation I was getting a constant 4/5 bars on laptop and mobile. Now it’s two bars .I work mostly from home and my daughter does a lot of gaming. 
I have now connected an Ethernet cable to the Wi-Fi extender I got  to her PC, this now gives a better connection. 
I can’t believe I have had to do this when the whole point was to get an upgrade. Is there anything else you can do your side. Your help would be appreciated. 

IMG_1805.pngIMG_1795.jpegIMG_1806.jpeg
0 Likes

Message 27 of 44

OK thanks. When you say you are currently sitting at 2 bars what do you mean exactly?

Chris

0 Likes

Bruno2006
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 28 of 44

Hi Chris 

I have taken it out and put back in but it does look crooked. 
I have now changed this to another Ethernet cable just inside this was the problem ( photo attached) 

nor made any difference. I am currently sitting at two bars. 

IMG_1801.jpegIMG_1802.jpeg
0 Likes

Message 29 of 44

Hi Bruno2006,

Could you just check that the ethernet cable is seated correctly in the ONT as it appears to be at a slightly odd angle in the photo

Chris

0 Likes

Bruno2006
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 30 of 44

Hi Michelle

i powered off router and ONT for 30 minutes as suggested and it hasn’t made any difference to upload speed. 
in addition the Wi-Fi crashed whilst I was in a teams meeting this morning. I have purchased a TP link Wi-Fi extender this afternoon to allow me to get a better connection to allow me to work.
Iam very disappointed that Iam having to do this.  I have been with Talk Talk for many years and have never had any connection issues.  Recommended Talk Talk to everyone and I have even bragged to friends that I could get a signal in my garden! 
since the city fibre update, this is now a frustrating and annoying problem. 
I really hope you can resolve this 

7bf73c3a-fe6e-467e-8e66-918233bb2d13.jpeg570463ae-0b66-473e-932f-e8a32cccdeca.jpeg698ccae8-1686-4f8f-9589-2acf65ca9f6f.jpegfe51c4c6-e374-44e0-8ee2-3ff93de9c42d.jpeg
0 Likes

Message 31 of 44

No problem, whenever it's next convenient for you 🙂

Michelle

Bruno2006
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 32 of 44

Hi Michelle. Iam working from home just now and will not be able to turn it off till lunchtime. I will report the outcome to you as soon as possible 

0 Likes

Message 33 of 44

Hi,

The FTTP wasn't showing as fully completed on our side but it does now (we made a change from here). Could you try powering down the ONT and the router for a full 30 minutes again and then let us know if there is any change in speed please. If the speeds are still low then could you try connecting a device wired directly at the ONT with the router removed and run another speed test please.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Bruno2006
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 34 of 44

Thank you Michelle. 
In addition, my mobile and laptop are barely getting two bars from where I work upstairs from router. On my previous package I had constant four or five bars 

0 Likes

Message 35 of 44

Hello again,

Thank you. I've deleted 2 of your photos from your last post as they contained personal info. I'm looking into this now and will post back here as soon as I receive an update.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Bruno2006
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 36 of 44

Yes powered down and no change. City Fibre did not mention to me on Friday anything about a speed check 

IMG_1765.jpegIMG_1768.jpeg

0 Likes

Message 37 of 44

Hi,

Thanks for confirming. Are you using the eero or the wifi hub please? Is there any change if you power down the ONT and the router and then retest the speed again? Did the engineer test the speed when this was first installed and what speeds were you seeing then please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Bruno2006
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 38 of 44

Hi Michelle, 

yes City Fibre came on Friday to give me an upgrade and installed ONT box. 

I work from home and thought this would be a great help

0 Likes

Message 39 of 44

Morning,

Can I just confirm, do you have an ONT installed for FTTP?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Bruno2006
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 40 of 44

Screenshot of last nights upload 

dd012d0c-9b91-4f14-ad1c-12097daa653b.jpeg
0 Likes