cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Netflix buffering on tv

Brian775
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

Daughter recently upgraded to full fibre (telephone line disconnected), line speed 70mbs approx, was 30mbs,  existing router sagecom 5464 still in use. Now have issues with Netflix buffering on tv, and streaming. I have noted that this may be caused by WiFi optimisation, but I am unable to find whether is is on or off.

Prior to installation she was advised that she would have a replacement router but it was not delivered. I was advised that installation should continue and Openreach would advise if router was not appropriate.

I have not opened a case regarding the issue, but I received an email from TT out of the blue to expect to receive a new Amazon router.

Cheers

Brian

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Brian775
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 1 of 9

Thanks for the clarification Chris, will  contact Business Support, didn’t realise that the community was restricted to residential.

Thanks to everyone who participated in the blog.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

OK thanks Brian. Your daughter will need to speak to TalkTalk business support, they should be able to help. I'm afraid we can only offer assistance to TalkTalk residential customers, apologies for any inconvenience

Chris

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi Chris

It is a business account and was installed by openreach

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi Brian,

Is the account a TalkTalk business account? Was it installed by Openreach or City Fibre?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi Karl thanks for the feedback. I have updated information in private section which hopefully will enable you to locate the router. Debbie TT support has also responded to me request

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi

If you can add the account number in the private notes section of your 'Community Profile' , this will help us locate the details.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Brian775
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Hi Debbie, it is my daughters, and the phone line was disconnected when it was replaced by the fibre. How do identify the installation. By account / installation address

karl TT support also responded. I have updated info in my private section of my profile which I hope will enable you to locate the router.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi Brian

I can switch the WIFI optimisation off to see how the connection compares.

Is the telephone number in your Community Profile the line/connection having the issue? (please do not post the number on this thread)

Thanks

0 Likes