cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Sagemcom reboots and doesn't store config:-

Kahawi
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Our Sagemcom Fast5464-2.00 has started to reboot back to factory default several times recently. With todays ‘smart home’ this is very inconvenient as the many interconnected devices all rely on knowing the personal SSID & WiFi password that we have set.

It takes a while to reconfigure the router to our secure standards and find there is no way to convincingly store the config anymore? Why no ‘save’ option?

We particularly need to lock the 2.4Ghz to another channel due to interference from extremely noisy local EE & BT routers.

What does the hive think we can do about this?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi @Kahawi 

Sorry for the delay, the router has now been dispatched yesterday, and is on the way.  I'll send you a PM with the tracking info.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Greatly appreciated Karl, excellent service from the TalkTalk team, will let you know progress.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Thanks Keith, it seems a new router is already on its way, great service from the TalkTalk team.

It's a pity about optimisation, the default channels are permanently occupied by neighbouring properties and higher channels work best for our building layout, but each power-up reverts to an already very busy Ch1.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 8

Hi Kahawi

I'll swap out the router and see if this helps - replacement on the way.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

I can only assume that the router is faulty, I have never seen one do that. I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and replace it for you. However, you cannot lock the router to any channel, as it is managed by WiFi Optimisation. It used to be possible for TalkTalk to disable this, but they are no longer allowed to do this.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Hi @Kahawi not sure about the persistent rebooting but sad to say the 2.4ghz is likely managed by the optimization function which may not be disabled.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.