NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open reach

Sophie32
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

Open reach came and fitted the new line and now my internet won’t work at all. Any ideas?

B6D77C7E-1685-49A7-8BF0-231A29B9D06A.jpeg

6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Sophie,

Could you contact our Future Fibre team, they'll be able to help you with this - Guide to Future Fibre and FTTP | TalkTalk

Chris

0 Likes

Sophie32
First Timer
Message 2 of 7

All the cables are plugged in, we have tried unplugging and plugging them back in but that didn’t work either.

I spoke to someone that works for BT and they have said:

No light is reaching to that ont there’s either a problem with fibre cable going to your house or at the cbt which is on the pole or in the ground! Report it to your cp your get an engineer come out and fix should be be three green lights.

How do I go about getting an engineer to come back out?

Many thanks,

Sophie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hello,

Are all the cables securely connected to the ONT box? Please can you add your name and your FTTP order number to your Community Profile. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

0 Likes

nic1987
Whizz Kid
Message 4 of 7

have you tried seeing if the green plug is pushed in far enough? the lights on your box seem to indicate that the the box isn't connected to the fibre network

I am a customer just like you. I'll try to help based on my experiences over the years getting issues sorted out in my TalkTalk services!
0 Likes

Sophie32
First Timer
Message 5 of 7

  

5378837C-4090-4248-97CF-5224DCB39B61.jpeg

393B6CC6-D247-4746-9E44-D0D743A564BE.jpeg

The engineer asked and we thought it was working as the TV still worked but it turns out the tv has already loaded what we were watching. So we realised in the morning it wasn’t working. Please see pics attached. 
Thank you,

sophie

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 7

Hi Sophie32

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Did the engineer test if the connection was working ok before they left?

A red light means - Solid red Your Fibre Connection Box is not connected to the network. Check all cables are connected.

0 Likes