cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Home phone not working, no dial tone, support staff useless.

Trooper9
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 26

Yesterday I spent one and a half hours on mobile phone to two different alleged technical support engineers. They were informed that there was no dial tone and that I had connected a simple corded telephone to the line and that I could only hear low level electronic noise. Eventually after running tests on the line I was told that the tests showed that there was no problem with the lines to my house so the "device's operating system could need updating by the vendor".  A simple corded telephone? They could not understand this. I suggested that the problem was probably with the Open Reach exchange but all I got back was the same answer, update the device!

Is there anyone I can call other than these clowns?

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 1 of 26

Hi @Trooper9 

Glad this has now been resolved for you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 26

Are you sure it wasn't an Openreach Engineer?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 26

An OutReach engineer came this morning, tested the line and guess what? The fault was in the Exchange as I'd originally suggested. Phone now working. Thank you Karl, Chris and Michelle of the support team.

It's a shame the original clowns (Indian call centre???) wouldn't listen but insisted that my corded basic handset need a software update 😂

0 Likes

Message 4 of 26

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 26

Thanks Karl, apologies for earlier, Dave 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 26

Hi

I've amended the booking to Wed 14th AM (8-1).

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 7 of 26

Hi Karl, sorry about this but I've just found out that my wife has a hospital appointment at 1100 on tuesday morning, any other day is fine. Being severely disabled I cannot put this hospital appointment off.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 26

No Problem 🙂

as long as we can get the fault fixed for you, that's what matters.

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 9 of 26

Hi Karl, Thanks. Apologies for various previous mistakes in messages, I'm new to this forum and so far I'm finding it confusing. It definitely 

isn't as user friendly as other forums I'm in. Dave

0 Likes

Message 10 of 26

Hi

Engineer has been booked for the earliest appointment available.  Tues 13th Aug. AM (8-1).

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 11 of 26

Charges ok if he finds anything wrong in house. Previou day notice is ok.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 26

Sorry, finger trouble, 8am to 1pm is ok.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 26

Sorry but the AM time slot is 8am to 1pm (not 8-11). How much notice do you need (we can usually get an appointment next working day or the working day after)?

Could you also confirm that you accept potential engineer charges

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 26

OK, 8 - 11 but I need to be notified in advance as I have a disabled person in the house.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 26

Hi Trooper9,

The type of engineer that we book (appointed or non-appointed) depends on the line test results, if the line test passes then it's always an engineer visit to the home.

The appointment slots are 8am-1pm and 1pm-6pm, I'm sorry but we can't narrow it down any further

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 26

Any morning 9-11 but I really think that as the line tests are ok that the telephone exchange should be checked first to avoid an unnecessary visit.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 26

Hello again,

Thank you. I've run a few different tests on the line now which are all clear. If there is still no dial tone at the test socket with 2 different phones and all other equipment removed from the line, then we'll need to book an engineer to visit your property.

Please can you confirm that you accept potential time related engineer charges and also provide a few days availability AM (8-1) and PM (1-6) and we can book the next available visit for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 18 of 26

Profile updated as requested.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 26

Hello,

Please can you also add your home telephone number or account number to your Community Profile and confirm here once this has been completed.

Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 20 of 26

Hi Chris, my profile is updated as requested.

0 Likes