cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Home phone not working, no dial tone, support staff useless.

Trooper9
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 26

Yesterday I spent one and a half hours on mobile phone to two different alleged technical support engineers. They were informed that there was no dial tone and that I had connected a simple corded telephone to the line and that I could only hear low level electronic noise. Eventually after running tests on the line I was told that the tests showed that there was no problem with the lines to my house so the "device's operating system could need updating by the vendor".  A simple corded telephone? They could not understand this. I suggested that the problem was probably with the Open Reach exchange but all I got back was the same answer, update the device!

Is there anyone I can call other than these clowns?

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 21 of 26

Hi Trooper9,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 22 of 26

Yeah, I didn't notice that at the time. Was dashing to go out. I'm new to this forum and so far I'm totally underwhealmed with TalkTalk. Forced into it by Shell Broadband bailing out.

0 Likes

Message 23 of 26

@Trooper9, the notification emails are from a No Reply address. 

So always post back in the thread to reply.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 24 of 26

Hi Karl, I replied yesterday to your email:

Corded phone was connected directly to test socket, it is now connected to the ADSL splitter so that I can use the broadband. 
Yes please to engineer
The fault however may lie in the Outreach exchange as I have had this problem here several years ago.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 25 of 26

Hi

All tests are clear, so no visible issues identified.  If you have tried an alternative handset with nothing else connected, no router or filters etc, directly at the master socket or 'Test Socket' if you have one, and there is still no dial tone, then an engineer will need to be arranged.

As the tests are clear, this would be an appointed engineer at an agreed time with yourself.

Would you like to arrange this here ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes