cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Ive Scrapped my Call Boosts

Chainsawcharlie
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12

Hi,

I had a fair bit of misleading information given to me today by the operative Ellen in a chat room.

So if you dont mind I wanted to confirm some details please.

As we are now wel, and truly in the smartphone age, I thought there was no need for oiur landline anymore, so I have removed the phone boost from my package.

I was told by the chatroom operative that if I wanted to make 999 calls this would be free, but have since found that they are not free.

Now I dont know if its free or not!

Also I have been told that there will be no charhge to me for incoming calls now that I dont have boosts, hoping tghat wasnt a porkie too!

Any help gratefully received thanks

Any ideas please

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 2 of 12

Oh, ok many thanks for your kind support

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

The email omits the ongoing package discount in your case its £5 per month. 

Sorry for the confusion

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Thanks for confirming, I can't understand why I received email from TT stating it was £29.95

Thanks for clearing this sea of confusion up

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi Chainsawcharlie

Your total package price is £24.95 per month, as you have removed the calls boost you will be charged for calls made to landlines and mobiles. 

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Thanks,

While you are listening please could you clear up something else which I think Michael may have lied about.

My account now shows me as £8 cheaper now I have removed call boost, but I had email stating I will only be £3 better off now which is wrong.

Michael assures me the email was an error and is being escalated. But as he gives wrong info I now doubt everything he said

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi Chainsawcharlie

I will ask for the call to be listened too, but to clarify ALL calls to emergency services are FREE, and you are not charged for incoming calls.

Sorry for any confusion.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

A guy called Michael in your call centre

Told me 999 is chargeable

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

@Chainsawcharlie 

The chat agent gave you the correct information, who did you go on to call? 

0 Likes

Chainsawcharlie
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 12

Hi

Thankyou very much for your help.

It looks as though some internal training required for some help room staff in chatrooms and on the phone.

As I was told by one that 999 are free but the guy on the phone said yes there is a charge.

Thanks for clearing this up

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 12

@Chainsawcharlie, the UK calls boost gave you free calls to ordinary landlines and mobiles for up to an hour at a time.

If you call out on a landlines now to ordinary 01, 02 and 03 numbers these will be charged at 24p per minute.

You are not charged for incoming calls!

Not charged for 999.

Having a boost made no difference to the status of incoming calls or emergency calls, or 0800 etc.

You can read about call pricing here:

http://community.talktalk.co.uk/pricing

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes