cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

BBC iPlayer buffering with new 4k TV box

AdamB_
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

We recently swapped our Talk talk TV to the new 4k box, but we've noticed that BBC iPlayer buffers frequently during catch up. Our last box didn't have any of these problems.

The TV is connected to a power line adapter using an ethernet cable.

When it buffers, I've checked the lights on the power line adapter and they are reading 'green light.' Our fibre package is Fibre65, and there is only my wife and I in the house mainly. Could this be a compatibility issue with the router?

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

I'll get a replacement router out to you and see if this helps.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

AdamB_
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

Hi Karl,

Unfortunately, the buffering has returned while using iPlayer connected using WiFi. As previously stated, my new 4k box is connected via WiFi (having previously been connected via ethernet cable via power line adapter).

I've changed the video settings, I've reset the modem, and even reset the 4k box to factory settings, but BBC iPlayer has been buffering terribly during playback every couple of minutes, making watching really tedious. I did a speed test on the TV and it was receiving 50mbps which would be more than enough to handle a TV stream. Does the modem need updating? I have read that other users have had success with this?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi

Glad this has helped.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Thanks Karl,

I've connected the box via WiFi tonight and replayed the same BBC programme to test it, and no buffering this time. I think when we first set the box up, it was struggling to connect to the WiFi for some reason so we went with the ethernet cable setting, but all seems okay now.

Cheers.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi

Have you tried rebooting the router, or have you tried using the new 4K Box over wifi to see if there is any improvement.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes