cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Unable to record or watch recorded programmes

Viewing23
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

My talk talk box is not recording programmes. In addition, we are also unable to watch any recorded programmes. In addition, we are unable to watch earlier programmes from the Guide, like it used to when it took you straight to the programme from whichever player it was on. This is the 3rd box I have had. Please provide assistance on how this can be resolved as we have 65% worth of recordings made which I sincerely hope is not lost. This is the main reason for having talk talk TV to record & pause etc. if it continues to play up, I will have no hesitation in cancelling talk talk & seeking my service with another service provider.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 3

@Viewing23, as above, and compare the different boxes here, for reference:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Compare-our-TalkTalk-TV-Boxes/ta-p/2204428

Only the 4K or the Hub would be sent out. 

If none of this appeals, you don't have to have Talktalk TV equipment, and can get the charge removed if you no longer use the telly services. Early termination fees would apply if you simply left Talktalk altogether while still in contract  - the TV services are not part of the core service.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Unfortunately it sounds like your hard drive has become corrupted or is failing.

Have you tried a soft reset? To do this hold the power button on the front for around 10 seconds and the box should restart.

If this doesn’t work then have you tried a YouView Maintenance Reset (https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-find-maintenance-mode/ta-p/1429347)?

Try the Factory Reset keep recording option.

You will then need to reset your personal settings (such as parental controls / Set antenna Out to On in Settings: Picture and Sound / Surround Sound etc.) and also reset your scheduled recordings (might be worth taking a note of future recordings before doing this so you don’t miss any).

If all else fails then try a full factory reset from the settings menu. You will lose your recordings but you may be asked to do this before the Support Staff look at other alternatives.

Please note that if you are eligible for a new box, TalkTalk now only supply non-recordable ones., So it's best to try all alternatives if recording is important to you.

Hope it works and please let us know how you get on.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes