cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Final Bill

Rakti
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

I have power of attorney for my mother's Faster Fibre account.

I cancelled her account, giving notice on 25th July 2024 and was given an end date of 24th August 2024.

The last bill I was able to view on My Account showed charges for 28th August to 27th September, clearly incorrect. That bill has now disappeared from My Account, though it still shows a balance of £81.51. 

You sent me an email (headed Reminder) on 13th September saying £38.64 was outstanding and saying Please pay. My mother has a Direct Debit set up for all payments. I cannot view this final bill (if it is) on My Account as it is "Not available". Are you not able to collect the money using the DD authority? Can you send me a PDF of the final bill? Otherwise how can you expect me to pay a bill I have not seen?

My mother had a power outage that wiped out her router (and TV, phone) in May 2024 and you kindly sent out a replacement router. I had already set up a spare router and have never opened your parcel. Do I still send this brand new router in the blue plastic bag using the label addressed to Ingram Returns, NDC, XX40 3YY?

I assume you can link this community account to me email address? If so, please email your reply.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Rakti
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 4

Thanks Gliwmaiden2

Yes, she was definitely out of contract (2019).

As stated, I already have a bag to return the router. Just wondered if it was a different process if it's brand new in an unopened box (could go to a new customer rather than some recycling company).

I'll post the account details on Sunday night and hope TalkTalk staff follow up early next week.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

@Rakti

Communication on the forum is always conducted here in the thread unless a member of staff specifically asks you to send a private message (PM).

For returning equipment, you would normally use a prepaid RETURNS BAG, for recording and processing its return:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Returning-your-TalkTalk-equipment/ta-p/2348381

All equipment listed in this article should be returned by that means, and keep certificates of posting for each item.

If you can't find any returns bags with the original packaging, staff can get these sent out to you.

Are you sure that she was out of contract? If she were not, early termination fees would apply.

Please see information about early termination fees and the final bill in this article:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Cancel-your-TalkTalk-service/ta-p/2204737

Old account details should remain accessible for at least a year and if the Direct Debit details remain in your mother's account, the money should have been taken by TT on time.

Staff should be able to check whether there were any system problems that might affect the DD process working.

They don't send bills by .pdf attachment and paper bills incur a charge. There were problems with My Account earlier in the week, but it should be working now.

Try again. If it doesn't work, try another browser. Make sure that ad blockers are disabled and allow pop ups.

Staff may not now reach this thread before next week. Make sure that your Personal Information details are up to date:

Go via your avatar; settings; drop down menu....Personal Information. 

It's not clear from your post whether you are a Talktalk customer yourself, or simply trying to enforce PoA for your mother.

If you are a Talktalk customer, ensure that your own details are in Personal Information. 

At the END of that section, in Private Notes, add your mother's details. SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Rakti
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

I just wanted to add, I phoned the 0345 172 0029 number to talk about this subject, but your colleague said she was unable to view the account and would call me back. She did not call me back.

0 Likes