cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

No connection since 10th may at my property and now a ridiculous bill

Archers
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 15

Today adding insult to incompetence, I have relied an email stating my bill hasn’t been paid.

I have NEVER received a service from talk talk on the 10th of may my “go live” day it didn’t and still hasn’t.

it was connected to an adjacent property.

i was advised by one of your fault tea, to open a new account and that would sort it.

IT DIDN’T AND STILL HAS NOT.

Today you send me an email saying I have an outstanding Balance of £124.

inside this balance is a fee for £75 for a missed engineer appointment which isn’t true and my charge for the months fibre, which I haven’t had.

I had  paid the previous 2 months by direct debit in good faith that you would eventually provide me with a service, but so far you haven’t and now this.

I have paid on my second account which I was advised to open and my direct debit is set up there.

i can only hope this is an error and you will sort it and return the previous 2 months of my payment as well because as stated you haven’t provided any internet to me.

This is getting beyond a joke and needs to be sorted 

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hello,

Can I just confirm, do you still need assistance with this?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

It's usually dealt with by the compensation team, @archers2.

As it's for the same service that was being set up now in the new account, it may need intervention from Arne, but either way takes c 30 days to come through after the issue is resolved. 

If you check the link I sent you earlier you will see that the compensation rates per day are much more generous than what you would have been paying - so probably worth waiting for that resolution.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

archers2
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 15

Arne

I have just checked that account and found it has been sorted.

Can I please ask what is happening to the payments I have made so far on that old account, as I think they should be refunded as I still as of today have no fibre at my property.

many thanks

Gary

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Im dealing with the old account first,  the new account I'll pick up once this issue is sorted. 

Message 5 of 15

@Archers, automatic compensation should apply to such delays etc, but may be complicated by the fact of having to set up a new account. 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

@Arne-TalkTalk, is it possible to check this very complicated case? It won't be straightforwardly "automatic".

0 Likes

Archers
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 15

Good morning Anne

thank you for your reply.

There is so much wrong with the bill full stop.

I repeat I have had no connection to my property at all from TalkTalk.

So surely my bill should be zero and the previous payments should be returned.

Also I had one engineer visit which was next to useless and was not missed, so why was I billed for a missed one?

I have  a new account that again I am paying for a service which I am not receiving.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Hi Archers

Sorry to read of the problems you are having. 

In relation to the bill which includes contract breakage fee's incorrectly I have asked for this amount to be removed from the account ASAP.  

0 Likes

Archers
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 15

Such a shame the billing staff haven’t previously read through my account notes and realised that I was advised by one of your staff during a phone call to open a new account and they would sort the old one out and refund me anything I had previously paid.

Then I would be looking at a £400 plus bill at the moment and I wouldn’t be needing to open another post on here to show my frustration.

your post made it seem that phoning that number would make it so simple. I was just pointing out not to confuse others reading this, that phoning that number would just add to the confusion and frustration as again I would be pushed from one department to another.

10th of May no connection still

That’s the one thing that needs to be kept at the top of this all.

A companies customer service is the one time you find out how good a company is and at the moment this is showing TalkTalk up badly.

what you need is a dedicated department that sorts things out and has a direct number or even an email address so you can keep in contact instead of waiting days and days for a call back and then never getting it.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Yes, I have followed it but many people reading this thread will not have been, and it will help save staff time on this thread if they don't have to wade through 70 posts in a previous topic (as well as trying to help other members).

The billing issue is dealt with by different staff from the technical query.

I'll post the link to it here for reference:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Full-Fibre/STILL-NO-CONNECTION-AFTER-9-DAYS/td-p/3040454

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

If you check my post on full fibre which is over 70 messages long you will see I’ve tried calling numerous times and just get transferred around from department to department as no one knows anything and I get even more frustrated.

surely by now I should have an internet connection to my property and why do I have to do all the chasing…

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

It needed to be clearer in this thread, so thank you for explaining, @Archers.

If waiting for callbacks is a nuisance, don't use Chat, call 03451 720088.

It may be Friday now before you hear back from staff on the forum. 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Absolutely no confusion.

connected to the wrong property, was to,d open a new account and they will sort it.  

new account opened and AGAIN connected to the same wrong property.

then this mad bill which is over £400 for NO SERVICE AT ALL

NOT REALLY CONFUSING JUST VERY ANNOYING AND WHY DOES NO ONE EVER LEAVE A NUMBER INSTEAD OF THIS RIDICULOUS CALL BACL PROCEDURE YOUNHAVE

0 Likes

Message 13 of 15

So have you actually cancelled the product altogether, @Archers, or the service connected to the wrong address....?

Confusion at all ends, I suspect. 

Your post is in the queue for attention - staff are on here most days, Monday to Friday. 

0 Likes

Archers
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 15

My bill has grown since I posted the above.

now you have added a contract breakage fee

surely no internet for 3 months breaks the contract

is anybody out there listening?

0 Likes