Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Service

AndyR510
First Timer
Message 10 of 10

Hello,

I would really appreciate some help with our broadband service. We have been suffering from very slow speeds and intermitted connectivity issues which has increased over the past week.

Over the past 7 days I have averaged 2Mbps download speed (taken from the talktalk "speed to router" page). I have also ran several Broadband Speed Checker both through TalkTalk and independent services and received very low results (~2Mbps download and similar upload). I have attached a screenshot for this.

I have followed the TalkTalk guide for slow broadband speed, including turning my router off for over an hour and I am now at a loss. I have tried sending a complaint to TalkTalk but received a standardised letter in return which did not suggest that they would look into it any further.

I now have no further actions that I can take other than calling up the customer helpline, which I have had mixed results with in the past. This will be my next step following posting on this forum.

I would appreciate any help with this - when I run Line Test or Speed Check it encounters errors and does not complete.

I look forward to any response. I have filled in the details on my profile in advance to hopefully help anyone to resolve this.

Nice to meet you
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10
0 Likes

AndyR510
First Timer
Message 2 of 10

Thanks Debbie, I will do.

Nice to meet you

Message 3 of 10

Hi AndyR510

Thanks for confirming your details.

The engineer visit has been arranged for 02/08 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi AndyR510,

I've sent you a PM

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi

I'll drop you a PM with some details to confirm to progress this t an engineer.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

AndyR510
First Timer
Message 6 of 10

Thank you Michelle.

Yes, we would like to arrange for an engineer to visit at the earliest availability (I assume there is no charge for an engineer's visit).

Thanks.

Nice to meet you
0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hello,

Thanks for confirming. I've re-run the line test now which is still detecting the same fault. Would you like to go ahead with the engineer visit and we can confirm some details with you?

Thanks

0 Likes

AndyR510
First Timer
Message 8 of 10

Thank you Debbie. 

It is now plugged into the test socket.

How is an engineer visit arranged/confirmed? 

Nice to meet you
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Hi AndyR510

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which has detected a potential fault towards the property and Openreach are requesting that we arrange an engineer visit.

Can I just check, is the router connected at the test socket at the moment?

0 Likes