cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband speeds slowing down again

Gizmo1981
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

A week or two back I was getting around 9mbps upload and around 45-50 down,  But over the past few weeks the speed has been reducing gradually..

Upload speed is quite important as I still do some livestreaming but these lower speeds I'm currently getting are restricting my ability to stream at my usual quality setting and video calls are becoming harder to make because of it.

I'd like this resolved asap ideally,  I've tried unplugging the router and leaving it for a downtime of an hour as this sometimes resolves issues like this but on this occasion it didn't fix anything,  Could this be raised please for investigation?

Perhaps something you can do on your end TalkTalk that can improve the speeds.

Thanks.

Playing GT5 on the Nurburgring Nordschleife with my Chrome Enzo Ferrari 😉
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Gizmo,

Your line is in sync at 45mb down and 7.7mb up.  This is slightly above the estimated range for your line and the upload estimate is 7.2mb. The profile is set correctly at 80/20, and all tests are clear, so the line is behaving as it should.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

Some staff will be back in the morning, otherwise it will be after the Bank Holiday before you get a response. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

I didn't hear anything back after that and the speed did improve afterwards,  I figured it was just a blip but this has been going on a bit longer than it did the last time so I'm hoping it's something that can be sorted TT's end

Playing GT5 on the Nurburgring Nordschleife with my Chrome Enzo Ferrari 😉

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

@Gizmo1981, has it been OK since the last episode, posted here?

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/Low-upload-speed-over-the-past-few-days/td-p/2925106

Did you get back to staff to follow this up properly?

Helpful if you can keep track and let us know, as otherwise we never know whether issues were resolved then or whether this is completely new. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes