Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling contract

AmberKennedy2204
Participant
Message 15 of 15

Having to start a new topic as my contract with talktalk is now in the process of being cancelled and replaced with another provider. 

The background info: My 18 month contract with TalkTalk began on the 9th May 2019. With a few months left on the contract, I tried to move it to the a new adress in which the go live date was meant to be 17th April 2020, this didn't happen, so we proceeded to cancel and move provider.

The problem: My account now says that my contract end is October 2021? This makes no sense, and I have just received the leaving email with a very inflated TalkTalk early termination fee to reflect this new mystery contract end date. Does the contract renew upon moving it? Any insight here would be gratefully received- thanks in advance. 

Amber Kennedy
0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Good Afternoon,

I'm sorry for the delay in looking in to this issue. I can see the line ceased off our network on 04/05.

Thanks,

Matt

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

@Sclark Start your own topic.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15
Anyone from TalkTalk on hear
0 Likes

Sclark
First Timer
Message 4 of 15

I need to cancel my contract but carnt get through on the phone

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

You need to start your own topic on the forums and wait for one of the moderators to get to you. 

Amber Kennedy
0 Likes

cristinahey555
First Timer
Message 6 of 15

Hi, we have been trying to contact Talk talk to cancell the contract and there is no way to speak with anyone. Can someone please help cancalling our contract?  this is really unacceptable. thanks

0 Likes

Johnben
First Timer
Message 7 of 15

I had a engineer turn up 2 days after reporting the fault, that was the good bit, alas he could not fix the fault and promised to return the next day Tuesday, now it's Thursday, I have tried on many occasions to contact talktalk, which is a nightmare, its a complete and utter shambles, I have no broadband and not much data left on my mobile, my contact is up on the 05/05/20, once this date is reached I will cancel my contract and standing order, good by talktalk 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Hi, on which e-mail you have cancelled the contract? I'm trying to speak to some of their operators and i can't. Can you say me please the e-mail?

Mariana
0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

@Bsayeduk You can find details of early termination charges here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Cancel-your-TalkTalk-service/ta-p/2204737

If you need any further help then please start your own topic.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

What was the cost per month for early termination?

i have around 10 months left but want to leave 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

So I didn't actually contact to cancel them, I just switched provider and Talktalk was automatically cancelled, initially they were trying to send me massive cancellation fees justified by a different contract end date to the one I had, but then a few days later I was sent an automatic email to say that it had been corrected.

I'm sorry, I know that's not very helpful but at least if you wanted to switch provider it would automatically start the cancellation process for TalkTalk. 🙂

Amber Kennedy
0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Hi Amber.

What was the email you used to contact them? I am struggling to find any useful information on website or on mytalktalk.

I need to cancel my contract but they are not responding to chats or calls. If you could say how you managed to cancel it in the whole covid19 (excuse for them) situation?

0 Likes

AmberKennedy2204
Participant
Message 13 of 15

Update, I got an email this morning and the cancellation costs have been sorted, this is now solved. Thank you talktalk 

Amber Kennedy
0 Likes

Andremihai
First Timer
Message 14 of 15

I have only 3 month's left and they asking 60£ for moving house....I prefer to end it and find another company whit better broadband.....