cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Download speed reducing over the years - Slow & Sluggish

Spiug
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 47 of 47

Hi there,

Not sure if I am in the right place but I am in need of some advice / assistance,

I've been with talktalk for as long as I can remember, and up until recently have had no problems.

I renewed my contract again for this year and was told my speeds would not suffer nor change.

I was told on the chat by the agent that my speeds would remain around 35 mb/s.

I am now pushing around 25 mb/s at the best of times, and have to reset my internet often due to slow and sluggish speeds. I am unsure if my router is in need of replacement, as it definitely does not reach as far as it did a year ago.

I am sick of sitting on the talktalk livechat for hours on end and getting no where.

They are now claiming 24 is guaranteed speed, when I was told 28 on renewal.

Anyone have any advice as to what I can do?

I received 35mbs+ in years prior and now i'm losing out on 10mbs which is a lot when it is already so small. I've done all the troubleshooting steps with the reps numerous times but nothing has ever changed.

0 Likes
46 REPLIES 46

Message 41 of 47

Hi Spiug

Have we also sent you a replacement router for testing just so we can rule this out?

The next step following this will be an Openreach engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Spiug
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 42 of 47

Hi Michelle ,

It does not have a test socket I’m afraid

Thanks 

Message 43 of 47

Morning,

Can I just confirm, does the main socket have a test socket?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 44 of 47

And we have two telephone ports but we've only used this master socket, cheers

0 Likes

Message 45 of 47

Hi Spiug,

Line test is passing but I can see some disconnections. How many telephone sockets do you have? Do you have anything connected to your telephone socket(s) in addition to your router?

Chris

0 Likes

Spiug
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 46 of 47

Additional Information:

I had a BT engineer out last year who says the join on my street at the bottom of my drive recieved 60mbs, and I lose around 35 going into my house, unsure if I have line wear or something. 

0 Likes