Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP address changes

Walshwalsh
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

Why does my IP address keep changing?

I work from home and use software the allows me access based on my up address being under an ‘approved list’. But for some Reason turnip address keeps changing so I get chucked out of the work software. 

Any idea why that might happen and how I can stop it?

thanks,

m

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Birchcroft
Philosopher
Message 1 of 4

@Walshwalshif a fixed IP Address is esential then there are at least two providers that offer that facility.  (1) Plusnet at a setup cost of £5. (2) Zen.  More information can be found by following the link.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 4

Hi Walshwalsh

All residential ISP's provide a dynamic IP that will change.  fibre will not change very often, but if you have an adsl service this will change whenever the connection is dropped.

TalkTalk business do provide a static IP address so if this is important you may want to enquire about the cost of a business connection.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 3 of 4

TT do not offer a fixed IP address on home broadband contracts.

It will only change after a disconnection due to a fault, the user turning off or resetting the modem and possibly the router going to sleep due to a period of inactivity.

@Walshwalsh 

What TT service and router do you have ?

0 Likes