cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Internet connection lagging and very slow

Saba16
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 23

Good evening,

For over a week I'm experiencing very slow and disruptive Internet connection.

Nothing loads well at all and I'm having to use my mobile data to load internet pages at home on my devices.

I have rest and rebooted the device's, and the routers and nothing is working well. I have tried to run a connection test on this talk talk website and its showing a oops come back later message. Is this a joke or something 🙈

Theres no contact information or any help online, its like a self service thing and I'm really unhappy.

Anyone else experiencing anything similar... Thank you

If this carries on I'll be switching in matter of days 

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

Message 21 of 23

Thank you for your time and reply, very much appreciated.

The router model is

DG8041W-2.T5

I'm  not using ethernet cables, only 2 broadband cable running, I dont have fibre optic.

1 blue light, which is normal. No other colours flashing

My pages are not loading, I'm having to toggle between broadband and mobile data which is no good

Im on a basic package and have been for the last 4 years and the past week has been a nightmare with connectivity.

Package is fibre 65.

Thank you

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 23

Please can you elaborate by answering these few questions:-

1. What make/model of router do you have (if this is a TalkTalk router, these details will be on a label on the rear or underside of it)?
2. What package are you on?
3. What is the exact status of the lights on the front of the router when this happens?
4. If you have any wired connections, are they affected in the same way as wireless ones?

5. If on Full Fibre, what lights are on the ONT?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?