cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Multiple engineer visits and so many issues

Setto
Team Player
Private Message
Message 39 of 39

Over the last month or so my internet has had random intermittent drop outs almost everyday.

On top of that the speed slowly drops lower and lower each time until an engineer comes to fix it.

I've seen multiple of them now and the issues continue.

I've been given a replacement router, still issues, I've done so many different things and I even decided to stay when i was about to leave for Sky since I was offered a deal to stay (still haven't recieved my £130 Amazon Voucher anyway). I'm at my wits end with this, The speed is reaching low levels again and I'm gonna have to call another engineer to come and fix it.

It's also not an issue of Wifi vs LAN connection as my PC is linked via LAN.

0 Likes
38 REPLIES 38

Message 1 of 39

Hi Setto

I'm so glad to hear that that the engineer was able to locate the fault.

The line test is now clear. If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

I have also sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for our Community Team.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 39

Hey there, He found out the box at the top of the pole outside not only had no lid but the wires were so brittle they came apart at the touch. So the engineer replaced the wires in the box and so far I've had no issues at all. Could you run a test to see if a fault still comes up?.

Message 3 of 39

Hi Setto

How are you getting on following the engineer visit?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 39

Hi Setto

Thanks for your reply.

I have arranged the engineer visit for 23/06 AM (1pm - 6pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Setto
Team Player
Private Message
Message 5 of 39

Hey I'm available everyday this week except wednesday

0 Likes

Message 6 of 39

Hello,

Thanks for confirming. The line test is still recommending we arrange an engineer visit if all testing has been completed. Would you like to go ahead with this? Please can you confirm that you accept possible time related charges and also provide some availability AM and PM and we can book this in for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 39

Yeah it is

0 Likes

Message 8 of 39

Hello,

Can I just confirm, do you mean that the router is connected to the test socket behind the faceplate?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 39

Hey, I only have one telephone socket. I moved in when i had to paint all the walls and check all the corners so i've done a very thorough check of the house. From looks of this guide I have a standard main socket with a NTE 5C MK 4. It's disconnected around 4 times since ive been in the house today so it's gotten much worse and I'm not sure why.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 39

Hi Setto,

Could I just ask, how many telephone sockets do you have and which type of master socket do you have - Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support?

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 39

When I replied to you It's now using a microfilter. I set it up and it's staying in until you do your test. Sorry for confusion.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 39

Morning,

Apologies for the confusion, do you mean that the router was connected to the test socket via a microfilter just now?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 39

It's connected via Microfilter now

0 Likes

Message 14 of 39

Hi

Tests are picking up an issue and I'm also seeing error spikes on the downstream channel. A repeat engineer is required. When is it best to arrange this ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 39

it seems to be getting worse with it disconnecting at least 6 times over the last 2 days.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 39

Hi Setto,

How has it been since your last post?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 17 of 39

Hi there, I've had around 3 disconnections today but that was the first time since the Engineer visited. However they were very close together.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 39

Hi,

No Problem 🙂 We are here if you need us.

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 39

I'm not sure, i'll keep you updated if I get more disconnects.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 39

Hi Setto

I'm sorry to hear this.

Are you still experiencing the same fault?

0 Likes