cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router Lights Off

blackstar1
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 14 of 14

Hi there, there are no indicator light showing on my router Everything else working fine, and I can connect to the internet. All checks are healthy, and the light is not turned off at the router. Is the router faulty?

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi

If you start your own thread (new message), we’d love to help.

We’ve found that posting in someone else’s conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

It’s easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

walksas48
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 14

No lights are showing on my router but all appears to be working as normal.

The white light was very faint yesterday.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi blackstar1

If the connection is working ok then you can keep the router or if you would prefer a replacement then please let me know.

Thanks

Debbie

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 14

I would hazard a guess that there are 2 LEDs within the light, an amber one and a white one, and the white one has died.

Message 5 of 14

Yes, Internet access ok. I've run a connection/speed test and everything seems normal.

Message 6 of 14

Thanks for trying that. Even though the lights are off does your internet connection seem OK?

Chris

Message 7 of 14

Good afternoon, I have reset the router. I get flashing amber, then all lights off.

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 14

My Huawei HUB is exhibiting exactly the same symptoms.

The indicator light is set to ON in the admin pages.

It went off in October 2022 but my connection has remained solid.

I needed to relocate it last week, when switched on I got the usual orange flashes but when the connection established there was no white light showing and that is how it has remained since.

Message 9 of 14

Hi blackstar1,

I think there's a setting to turn the light off but this wouldn't explain why it is intermittent. Could you try resetting the router to factory default settings, hopefully this will resolve the problem - Restore your router to factory settings - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

Chris

Message 10 of 14

Good Morning,

Yes, the indicator light (white) has been off for two days. Internet access seems ok. I have rebooted the router and start-up lights come on ok but then all go off.

Regards

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 14

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. Is this still happening since your last post?

Thanks

blackstar1
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 12 of 14

The light was off yesterday for approx 5 hrs. Came on yesterday evening. Back off again this morning. Very confusing.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 13 of 14

Hi @blackstar1,

The support team here won't be back now until Monday, but they should be able to reply then to help further. Probably best to just leave the router alone for now, just to try to make sure it keeps working over the weekend, but if the staff here do feel it may be faulty, or if they want you to try resetting it etc., then they will be able to let you know early next week.

Has the light been off for some time, or has this just happened recently ?