cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub Crashing frequently

jamesfawcett
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 26

Hello, I have a TalkTalk Wifi Hub running Version v1.05t

We are quite heavy Wifi users, and just recently it's crashing regularly.

I've looked for a Firmware update but can't find one online, I've also tried using external TP-Link access points to see if it helps with less load, but the TalkTalk router still crashes, and it's getting quite frustrating. 

Any help gratefully recieved. 

thanks

James 

DevicesDevices

TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub
Version v1.05t
0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 21 of 26

Hi @jamesfawcett 

Thanks for letting me know 🙂

Did you receive a returns bag in the box with the new router? (so the old router can be returned)

jamesfawcett
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 26

Thank you, new router arrived today. I waited for my previous router to crash for the first time which happened at around 11am, then swapped them over. Much faster at booting up than the older model. Very easy to swap. There's a few UI glitches on the new one it keeps logging me out whilst trying to get to the port forwarding settings, but it's minor and I will work around it later. The most important thing is, it's no longer freezing or crashing and I'm getting a nice 72mb download speed. Please let me know where to send the old one to if I need to return it. Thank you for all your help. 

TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub
Version v1.05t

Message 23 of 26

Hi @jamesfawcett 

The router has been sent with the details linked to your Community Profile.

Please let us know how the connection compares with the replacement router.

Thanks

0 Likes

jamesfawcett
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 26

Thank you Karl, please let me know if you need any more of my details, and where to send the existing router to. I will test and confirm when it arrives. The connection dropped this afternoon whilst teaching on a really important call, I've just checked on the router and it says:

Current Connection time

Online for 0:01:53 day(s)

Is that 1h53? I think this would mean the router did a full reboot, rather than lost connection? The wifi networks disappear when it occurs too.

TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub
Version v1.05t
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 25 of 26

Hi

I'll get the later Wi-Fi Hub out to you and see if this performs better.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.