would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Major Pipex Email Outage - AGAIN?

60 REPLIES 60
Muddymedic
Wizz Kid

Good morning

I've been trying to access my Pipex email account since 0700 today.  Cannot log into Webmail, and same for POP.  The latter is throwing up 0x800CCC90 and 0x800CC0F errors.  No access on either Android or Windows 10.

The only thing you can rely on Pipex mail for is that it'll crash EVERY weekend!  I don't suppose anything will be done before Monday (though I live in hope!).

As a coincidence, I had a spate of spoof Bitcoin extortion emails on Thursday and Friday.

Is it those pesky Ukrainians again?

Regards

PeterAA
Participant

Same here!

It seems awfully strange that we need to report this all of the time.  Don't they know already!!?

Muddymedic
Wizz Kid

Apparently not, since the Service Status page shows that everything is OK with Email!

Pal353
Wizz Kid

OCE_Ady and his colleagues must be weary of having to defend the indefensible. A reliable email service is essential these days and dsl.pipex.com isn't. One would have thought that legacy customers like us should be at the front of the queue for transfer to the new TalkTalk email service but apparently not. At present we could not even receive the emails telling us about the transfer!

Pal353
SoozySoo
Team Player

Complete lack of email service this morning - can neither send nor receive.

The error message (0x8004210 says Outlook cannot connect to the POP3 service

Can't connect to Webmail at all

SoozySoo
SoozySoo
Team Player

Correction - I can send (via Outlook) but not receive

SoozySoo
nw1806
Conversation Starter

This isn't the usual thing where it eventually responds after a few tries, this morning it is completely dead.

No indication they are even aware of it.

Dysfunctional organisation.

Neville_C
First Timer

Good morning

I've been trying to access my Pipex email accounts (DSL & DIAL) since 04.34 this morning.  Cannot log into Webmail, and same for POP.  The latter is returning 0x80042108 error message.  No access on Windows 10, iphone or Outlook.

This is the worst outage yet. Access has been getting more and more difficult over the last week. Now the server is completely "dead".

moggy321
Team Player
I have no access to pipex email too. Webmail and outlook email client both not working. Tried online chat, unable to fix problem, promised to escalate, expecting call back sometime in next 72 hours. No good at all. Very unhappy.
KZ650-d2
First Timer

I'm @toucansurf for my emails. Another so called legacy domain.

Today I can send but not receive. Every time I get error 0x80042108 'outlook cannot connect to your incoming e-mail server'

Have tried again and again, adjusted settings and rebooted. But nothing.

Is there are problem with the server?

When will TalkTalk get this this sorted?

SoozySoo
Team Player

72 hours!!!! Unbelievable.

SoozySoo
savvyowl
Team Player

The very least they could do is put it on the outages page. It would save us all a lot of time. The service on pipex emails is terrible and surprise surprise webchat is unavailable so it is phone only and they never understand or know anything about pipex.

sTalkTalkEr
Popular Poster

No emails here either.

My goodness, TalkTalk really are a shower, aren't they?

Skynet_TX
Super Duper Contributor
Seeing a message of 'Finding Host...' from Windows Mail when trying to connect, so this does seem more serious than the normal 'slowness', looks like the server has decided to take the weekend off
PeterAA
Participant
Is anyone doing anything about this?
I see no replies from TT yet.
SoozySoo
Team Player

I contacted TalkTalk support via Twitter and they said an engineer is looking at the problem. Let's hope it doesn't take too long for them to fix it.

SoozySoo
calcotti
Wizz Kid

"Online status

There may be a problem with the mail server or network. Verify the settings for account “xxxxxx” or try again.

The server returned the error: Connections to the server “pop.dsl.pipex.com” on the default ports timed out."

SiHancox
Super Duper Contributor

I did manage to get one message today via iMac client at about 0700hrs, that took two goes because the client appeared to just “stall”, no errors or times-outs thought.

Didn’t think much to it and been out and about, but through the day my iPhone will not pull down any messages, it just sits for about a minute showing “Checking for Mail...” then switch’s to “Updated Sunday” (must of been last time I used iPhone to successfully get messages).

So although I don’t see any errors my clients just fail to connect to the pipex server, which is exactly what was happening a week ago for which @OCE_Ady  reported the issue was the result of the server being hit by an IP attack. I believe to rectify the “addresses” had to be blocked manually.

Can @OCE_Ady  or @OCE_Chris  please check to see if this is in fact happening again and if so get mail admin to start blocking, if not can you try and find out what is behind this current problem, as I’ve said before it’s now getting a little tiresome.

pipex not working
Conversation Starter

Talk Talk, months and months of poor quality service, and we pay for this! I am feeling this is linked to TT trying to remove all of these spoof/bitcoin dumps as it was admitted a few weeks ago this is what was happening. But this has been out for hours now. Totally unacceptable and senior management need to be held accountable. Suggest everyone complains to OFCOM and write to the CEO of TT, by snail mail as for some reason we cannot send e-mails!!

SiHancox
Super Duper Contributor

I’ve just tried again on iPhone, same result, just defaults to “Updated Sunday”, that was at 1420hrs.