email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiscali webmail

spe109
Participant
Message 29 of 29

Hi, I'm trying to help out a friend with access to their tiscali email. I have been able to login to webmail for them but on the webmail page an error keeps popping up

"An error occurred inside the server which prevented it from fulfilling the request."

My friend doesn't have their internet through talktalk and I don't think they have a talktalk account. I have found an article which talks about TalkTalk Mail plus and paying a subscription, I am not sure they have a subscription and was wondering if this could be the cause of the error above?

Thanks

Paul

0 Likes
28 REPLIES 28

Message 1 of 29

Thanks for letting us know spe109. Your friend needs to sign up for TalkTalk Mail Plus in order to use the mailbox with a mail client. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 29

Hi spe109 (Paul)

So having fixed the webmail issue then the next thing to solve is the email account being limited to webmail only access.

* The action to take to restore email access on supported devices like the iPad is:

• Add the email address to an active TalkTalk Consumer customer MyAccount
  • If not a customer, rejoin TalkTalk for home broadband or subscribe to  TalkTalk MailPlus

About TalkTalk MailPlus

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

spe109
Participant
Message 3 of 29

I think I have found the answer to this, my friend had previously received an email advising that access will be limited, which I think means no imap access only webmail.

"don’t forget from 03-08-2021 your TalkTalk mail account, @Tiscali.co.uk will be limited.
If you don’t take action, you’ll be unable to send or receive emails through desktop or mobile email management applications, and you will only be able to do so by visiting www.talktalk.co.uk/mail.
To keep enjoying full access to your mailbox, all you have to do is sign up to TalkTalk Mail Plus for £5 a month or £50 a year before 03-08-2021. As well as keeping your mailbox, you can enjoy a sleek new inbox, with enhanced security features and support for desktop and mobile email management applications."

0 Likes

nannabaa
Message 4 of 29

Hello, Paul asked me to register, it is my email which doesn't work on my ipad.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 29

That's the best way forward yes.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

spe109
Participant
Message 6 of 29

No problem, thanks. Would you like me to get her to register and then comment on this post?

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 29

At this point your friend is going to have to register and verfiy some security information. 

I can go no further without accessing the account and for that I need the account holder posting on here.

Ady

spe109
Participant
Message 8 of 29

Hi, I'm still having a few problems with this. I haven't actually received a notification to say it is fixed, but I checked yesterday and was able to log into the webmail. I have been round to my friends and tried to set it up on mail app on her ipad but it was constantly failed. I was able to connect on her ipad in chrome to the webmail.

On returning home I have tried on my windows pc to connect Outlook but this too is failing.

Is there something else I need to do to enable imap access or is there still a problem with this account?

Thanks

Paul.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 29

You're very welcome.

Ady

spe109
Participant
Message 10 of 29

Thanks Ady

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 29

Thanks for providing the number. I've raised the fault ticket for you. Typically, email fault tickets can take a while to be processed. Check back if your friend hasn't heard anything in 3 working days.

Ady

spe109
Participant
Message 12 of 29

Hi Ady, I have just updated the landline number on my profile with my friends phone number. Thanks.

Message 13 of 29

Hi Paul, I need a landline to raise the ticket against. Does your friend know the landline number that's associated with the mailbox?

Ady

spe109
Participant
Message 14 of 29

Hi, I have added the details you requested. The only error I have seen is shown in the screenshot below. Thanks.

Message 15 of 29

Hi spe109, please add the affected mailbox to private notes in your community profile. I'll need you to add a mobile number and any error message you might have seen. 

Once you've added the information post back to let me know. 

Ady

spe109
Participant
Message 16 of 29

Thanks very much for your help.

Message 17 of 29

Hi Paul

I think the Inbox must be corrupted for messages not to be arriving. I'll request a fault ticket be raised for a repair job and an investigation by the email admins.  

spe109
Participant
Message 18 of 29

Yes, I have checked again, it says "There is no rule defined".

I have also composed and sent an email to and from the problem account, there was no error and the email is showing in the sent objects folder, I can open the email from the sent objects folder and read it. There is no sign of it in the inbox and the original error is still shown, there are no new errors.

Message 19 of 29

And when you check filter rules again does it confirm 'There is no rule defined'?  This is to confirm there is no auto forward or other filter rules operating on the Inbox.

If so, stay signed in and compose and send this mailbox, not an external mailbox, the same mailbox that you're signed in to, a message to see if you can now see that message arrive in the Inbox. Even if you get the error message I'm hoping you'll see the message count on the header bar increase when the message is sent and received.

spe109
Participant
Message 20 of 29

Hi, Yesterday I changed the account settings so that it signed me out after 5 mins, then changed the password and re-signed in. I was still getting the same error. I then tried to compose and send an email to my own email account (outlook.com) and this was received without error. When I replied back to it it never showed up in the inbox of this problem account and the error persisted. Is there anything else I can try? Thanks Paul