email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dial.pipex.com emails in webmail but not email client

carolepk
Popular Poster
Message 14 of 14

Since the changes implemented on Thursday evening I have been unable to download emails in any of my email clients (Outlook and iPhone). I can see the emails in the webmail tool so know that they exist.

I have tried following both the pop3 and IMAP set up instructions using both my original email login and alias.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi carolepk, if you've got active account you'll login via MyAccount. If you do you should have full access to mail including using mail clients. If you don't have an active TalkTalk account after 60 days you're restricted to webmail only. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

I thought that I did as it was part of my Grandfather’s account. How do I check?

Why would webmail work if my email wasn’t linked to an active account?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Do you all have active TalkTalk Mail Plus or TalkTalk Broadband accounts? 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

ruthsandbach
First Timer
Message 4 of 14

I'm seeing the same problem in the new IMAP account and the old POP3 account. Both are authenticating correctly. I used the alphanumeric Pipex ID to create the new IMAP account. Please let me know what's missing.

0 Likes

david25uk
First Timer
Message 5 of 14

I also have this problem, either using my "old" settings or the new ones listed here

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Email-settings-IMAP-amp-POP3/ta-p/2204399

I am using Thunderbird and only changed the settings after a couple of days of trouble.

The new web client works.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Yes I have tried this on both my iPhone and Outlook.

Message 7 of 14

Hi carolepk, have you tried removing the mail account and then readding it? 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

The password and BT settings are exactly the same as they were on Thursday when I was able to receive emails but stopped working following the email system change. I have double checked and the username and password are identical to the ones I use to connect to webmail. 

It it was a logon details issue I would expect to see an unable to connect to server error message when I try to download emails. 
I also have the same issue in Outlook and the connection settings pass the account setup checks but I don’t receive the test email.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hi carolepk 

The iphone incoming server settings appear ok apart from the unusual sending from a btinternet domain SMTP server.

I assume your password for the dial.pipex.com is correctly set for the account (I don't see any dots in the Password box) and it hasn't been overwritten by the btinternet password?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 10 of 14

Prior to the change on Thursday I used my original email address and not the alias but neither work now.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

10C0727E-0A58-4353-9240-AF03F83742F2.png

0 Likes

Message 12 of 14

3BCED6C3-A951-4B8B-B579-185A87599E97.jpeg

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 13 of 14

Hi @carolepk 

I think the easiest way is to ask you to show me the screenshots of what settings you have set up on the iPhone and we'll get that working for you. The password is the same as you use to sign in to TalkTalk Mail webmail.

Image edit to obscure the first part of your email address before posting here.

Setting up TalkTalk email on iPhone 

Email settings - IMAP & POP3 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes