would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Google SafeSearch stuck on

3 REPLIES 3
billbennett
Popular Poster

Can someone please help me.

I accidentally switched Scam Protection on, and then customer services turned it off again - it is now showing as "off" in My Account.

However, since this, Google is now stuck on SafeSearch. Even if I change the settings in Google to turn SafeSearch off, it just comes back on again.

I've tried it on different browsers, and different devices (laptop, tablet, phone) but it's all the same. If I disconnect my phone from the WiFi and use my mobile network instead, I can turn it off, so it's definitely something going on with my home broadband.

Any help much appreciated!

Community Team

Hi

Safe Search will not be affected by homesafe or the line you are connected to, this is a setting within your Google account.

If you go to your google account details and look under DATA & Personalisation, under general preferences, you can click on the search settings.

You can untick the option for safesearch and make sure you have not selected to 'lock' safesearch.

Thanks

Karl. 

billbennett
Popular Poster

Hi @OCE_Karl 

I'm afraid I must respectfully disagree - this is happening at a network level, not a Google account level.

It is affecting multiple Google accounts, on multiple devices. It affects devices whether they are signed into a Google account or not. The same devices are unaffected when not connected to my broadband. It does not affect any device which is not connected to my broadband.

It also states in "My Account" that turning on Scam Protection will enforce SafeSearch, which was on for a short period at the same time this issue started.

Community Team

Hi

Scam protection is off however Kids safe is on so this may block some things. 

Can you log into your My Account and turn Kids Safe off for a bit and test and see if this has any effect.

Thanks

Karl.